Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Seeing Blue
1  2  Next

1stimer

Post Thu, May 12 2005, 5:45 am
It looked innocent enough, a little blue sock with a cute picture of a monkey on it. Then it got into the washing machine... And now everything is blue, all baby's vests... his babygrows... his t-shirts... etc. Can I do anything to salvage the clothes?

Pearl

Post Thu, May 12 2005, 7:06 am
to prevent something like this, you can soak new dark clothes, or white with another (dark) colour in vinegar overnight, and then wash it.

how to bring original colours back to these clothes? sorry, I don't know!

technic

Post Thu, May 12 2005, 7:09 am
1stimer u have my sympathy - ive done this more times than any of my fam care 2 remember (and hubby has ended up w PINK underwear which, trust me, is way worse embarrassed )..sometimes the color fades as time goes on and there ARE products u can buy (in the uk anyway) to try and wash the color out - hatzlacha raba - and happy yom haatzmaut Very Happy

Pearl

Post Thu, May 12 2005, 7:19 am
technic! welcome back!! Thumbs Up sure missed you here!

hag yom ha'atsma'ut sameach!

yehudis

Post Thu, May 12 2005, 12:46 pm
[quote="technic(and hubby has ended up w PINK underwear which, trust me, is way worse embarrassed )[/quote]

Oh yeah, I've done that too -- pink underwear LOL

Tefila

Post Thu, May 12 2005, 12:47 pm
Wash it in bleach the original color will return. I too have done this and made my boys undergarments pink embarrassed but bleach works wonders

1stimer

Post Thu, May 12 2005, 2:43 pm
But will bleach ruin the other colours on the clothes?

Tefila

Post Thu, May 12 2005, 2:46 pm
Nope if u just put the dyed blue cloths in. Not too much but the colors brighten. I use it regulary, not for use on dark colors or ones that bleed but on dyed stuff and whites, and light colors.

sarahd

Post Thu, May 12 2005, 3:02 pm
Washing the items a few times might also help. I had color run onto an outfit, baby socks and onesies. After washing them a few times, the stain was completely gone.

1stimer

Post Thu, May 12 2005, 3:34 pm
Frielich, excuse my ignorance embarrassed (I've already shown I'm a klutz ^) but exact instructions for using bleach please?

supermom

Post Thu, May 12 2005, 4:12 pm
undergarments should be my least of my embarrassed I have colored all my husbands white shirts purple and pink. I don't know how that happened since there wasn't anything in the washing machine other than white shirts and undergarments to be bleached.

poor thing he had to walk out like that until I rebleached everything. embarrassed he was so embarrased that he came home early to see if everything was rebleached and dried already thank goodness they were already thanks to his mother. I till today have a problem with bleach don't know how to do it maybe. either they don't get clean or they stay the same color. I even used almost two cups of bleach let them soak and still no good results.

Freilich maybe you can help 1stimer and I with this delema?

Tefila

Post Thu, May 12 2005, 6:10 pm
First off I like liquid bleach and nomore then 1/2cup should be whats needed
(inotherwords run the washer to fill up, put in bleach and then turn washer off!) And let clothes sit 5-10min. Run washer and then reply and tell us what happend. Wink

1stimer

Post Fri, May 13 2005, 10:16 am
So let me get this clear.

1. Put clothes in washing machine.
2. Put 1/2 cup of bleach in prewash dpt?
3. Put detergent in?
4. Run machine
5. Stop machine when it is full of water.
6. Wait 5/10 min.
7. Run rest of program (machine).
8. Wait with bated breath until load finishes.

Have I got this right? I'm a bit wary of me and washing machines at the moment...

supermom

Post Sun, May 15 2005, 4:43 am
it sounds perfectly right to me.

1stimer

Post Sun, May 15 2005, 4:55 am
So do I put detergent in?

supermom

Post Sun, May 15 2005, 5:22 am
I usually put it in but don't take my word for it because my whites never come out white but I hate the smell of bleach on my clothing

Tefila

Post Sun, May 15 2005, 8:38 am
No, no detergent just bleach . And super if you still smell the bleach on your clothing when wash has finished it means possibly you have put in too much, so just run the rinse cycle and rinse agian

supermom

Post Sun, May 15 2005, 2:15 pm
Confused that could be why my clothing never gets white. funny 1stimer they say that israeli's know how to do the best cleaning and laundry.

Sunshine

Post Sun, May 15 2005, 2:53 pm
Do all you ladies use bleach? I never do. I am concerned that I may have an "accident" with my clothing. Also doesn't it wear out the fabric? I have done loads at my mil's house (when visting her) who uses bleach and once I use the wash after her bleach loads I found some bleach marks on my clothing Rolling Eyes so I now make sure only to wash after her dark loads. After that incedent if I ever have to resort to using bleach because s/t major happened(which is a once in a blue moon occurance)then I will do it at a laundry mat. I usually will try to treat the stains with oxyclean or the shout gel/spray first. I find they work really well.

1stimer

Post Sun, May 15 2005, 3:03 pm
well, super, u can tell I'm not israeli...
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry