Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Just out of curiousity: how many sheitels do you own?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Ruchel

Post Mon, Sep 04 2006, 1:09 pm
2, full, human, both need to go to the sheitel lady to be wearable, according to the lady who sold them. But, since I'm lazy... Confused

gryp

Post Mon, Sep 04 2006, 1:14 pm
Quote:
GR, sometimes sales work against you; I have gotten "lemons" that way.

oh well.
I guess ill check out sales if I hear of any before R"H, and if not ill just call up my sheitel macher.

Tovah

Post Mon, Sep 04 2006, 1:28 pm
2 -shabbos and weekday. though my weekday one is finished and my shabbos needs to be died. so I guess I'm also in need of a new one.

Mitzvahmom

Post Mon, Sep 04 2006, 2:35 pm
One this past year as a gift from someone in the community, as the note read (my every day one is just no good for shabbos) nice Smile

My everyday one, tha tis pulled into a pony tail (it's virtually dead), but for everyday I wear it..

Someone recently gave me a Fall that they di dnot like... I tried to wear it but it's not quite my color, so saving it for a rainy day (aka my everyday one finally looses enough hair)..

mimsy7420

Post Mon, Sep 04 2006, 3:22 pm
one hat fall, one band fall - everyday
one full shaitel - shabbos and special occasions

Sparkle

Post Mon, Sep 04 2006, 3:49 pm

1 band fall that I wear all the time and 1 full sheitel that I wear only a couple times of year for very fancy occasions. I don't like it as much as my fall.

batya_d

Post Mon, Sep 04 2006, 6:46 pm
2. Band fall and full shaitel. I wear the fall in bad weather, shaitel for school or work, and tichels when I'm just running out or feeling lazy. I have to put the full shaitel in rollers every 3 or 4 wearings or it gets really shaggy and I don't feel nice in it.

I am also aiming to be a trendsetter by wearing my crocheted snoods out in Manhattan. Anyone want to join me? I really think that if you bother to put on nice clothes, makeup, and pretty earrings, a crocheted snood can look quite elegant. I was convinced that my (non-frum) mother would HATE my snood (I always though they were so frumpy until I started playing around with it), but she actually thinks it frames my face nicely and looks pretty!

shayna82

Post Mon, Sep 04 2006, 8:27 pm
2 full sheitels. one every day- mila, and one freeda- expensive just for shabbos and yom tov, and I really stick to that.

elkayed

Post Tue, Sep 05 2006, 11:24 am
4- one shabbos, 2 falls, different styles (one I never wear) and one hat fall.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Sep 05 2006, 11:46 am
When we moved I gave away every single sheital and hat that I haven't used in a while.

That was very liberating! I'm happy to have less!

hila

Post Tue, Sep 05 2006, 2:24 pm
0 - I wear scarves and hats. I once tried on a sheitl. My Dh laughed and I went back to my usual.

Just dont ask how many hats and scarves I own ! (too many as I hate to throw them out )

H

suomynona

Post Tue, Sep 05 2006, 5:01 pm
batya_d wrote:
I am also aiming to be a trendsetter by wearing my crocheted snoods out in Manhattan. Anyone want to join me? I really think that if you bother to put on nice clothes, makeup, and pretty earrings, a crocheted snood can look quite elegant.

I always said that but no one agreed with me.
When I was single I planned on wearing snoods to work once I got married. Don't know if I would've had the guts to follow through though.
In the end, I worked from home since I got married, and anyway I now work for a frum company that doens't allow snoods.
But when I worked for a non-jewish company, I once saw a black lady wearing something similar to a snood. I'm sure no one said boo.

As far as elegance, I find that my snoods stretch out so quickly, new snoods only look neat for a short time.

Meema2Kids

Post Fri, Sep 15 2006, 11:55 am
One and it's almost 4 years old and still in great shape.

I live in a community with very few frum Jews. I usually wear a snood out, but wear the sheitel to work and on shabbos.

Marion

Post Sat, Sep 16 2006, 3:57 pm
Quote:
0 - I wear scarves and hats.
Just dont ask how many hats and scarves I own ! (too many as I hate to throw them out )

Yeah, that!

Quote:
In the end, I worked from home since I got married, and anyway I now work for a frum company that doens't allow snoods.

???"Doesn't allow snoods"??? I wouldn't work there...if my Rav allows it, why shouldn't my boss?

shopaholic

Post Sat, Sep 16 2006, 8:36 pm
2 out of the box customs (1 for Shabbos & 1 for weekday),
a custom made to fit my head that was made terribly so I had it cut to chin length & even then, the style doesnt hold so it's a rain shaitel now,
a human hair short short shaitel which is great for the rain & hot weather
a human hair hat fall that I only wear in the windy wet winter weather because I only have cute winter hats
my old semi custom that I need to give away to someone who I know needs a shaitel

malkie

Post Sat, Sep 16 2006, 9:39 pm
3 - 2 straight, 1 curly.

They are all by Milano (a really resonably priced company in Boro Park on 18th and I next to ShopRite and Amazing Savings). Almost every wig is under $1000 and they are all European hair. Mine are great, many people have thought I lost my mind and went out with no sheitel on!

ceo

Post Sat, Sep 16 2006, 11:17 pm
Marion wrote:
Quote:

???"Doesn't allow snoods"??? I wouldn't work there...if my Rav allows it, why shouldn't my boss?

I think it's very reasonable for a company to ask that....for the most part, sheitels definetly look more professional than a snood. I worked in a frum organization that didn't allow snoods, I think that they felt it created more of a laid-back, "heimish" atmosphere, which the director felt was not conducive to actually getting work done! Very Happy I think it's the same idea as not allowing jeans or sneakers in the office. If you dress more professional, then you'll come to act that way.

MyKidsRQte

Post Sun, Sep 17 2006, 12:05 am
I have 5 sheitlach. No, I am not spoiled. About 4 years ago, I got 2 Milanos (I paid less than $1000 for both). About 2 years ago I got a Viva & Abby which I bought off a friend but havent worn yet because I never cut it(it costs about 200 to cut if not more). Then about 1 year ago my mother in law bought me a KIKI sheital which is my best so far. A few months ago I decided to get a band fall sheitel. I paid less than $500 for it.

Estee2

Post Sun, Sep 17 2006, 12:42 am
I've heard about KIKI.

What's better about them ?

The net? the hair texture ? The comfort ?

The look ? Question The lasting between washes ?

MyKidsRQte

Post Sun, Sep 17 2006, 11:38 am
I personally dont see much of a difference between my Milanos and my KIKI. besides the price, that is. I am so happy with them. I would get another Milano in a heart beat-its just that when my MIL buys something, she spends a fortune. I was just lucky to be on the receiving end of it Tongue Out
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels