Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
Making Sheva Brochos

rainbow baby

Post Sat, Sep 02 2006, 2:23 pm
I know that I have Yom Tov to think about first before I make Sheva Brochos in November. But I am so excited about making Sheva Brochos for these really good friends of ours, that I want to start think about it. There are most probably going to be between 35 and 40 people coming. Has anyone got any suggestions for a great menu that is not terribly expensive and easy to make. The main course is going to be meaty of some kind. Any suggestions will be great thanks!!!

nicole81

Post Sat, Sep 02 2006, 7:39 pm
when I made sheva brachos, I made a lot of finger foods for appetizers so people would be filled up and could also eat and mingle while they were waiting for people to arrive.

I made a huge tray of mini borekas, a tray of franks in blankets, and buffalo wings.

a pasta salad is cheap to make and goes a long way, too.

for the main course I made a huge tray of sweet and sour meatballs and mashed potatoes. I'm sure I made more but I can't remember. but potatoes are also cheap and filling.

anon

Post Sat, Sep 02 2006, 8:03 pm
At one of my sheva brachos, I specifically remember an appetzier being homemade potato borekas with mushroom sauce. It was YUM! Probably cheap. Although probably a bit of a "patchke". Stuffed chicken breasts can be really yummy and very pretty looking (cuz when you slice them you see the layer of chicken, and then the colorful stuffing in middle). A soup would probably also be a good idea (and cheap). For example, butternut squash soup.

My sister in law has a simcha recipe book which is perfect for making sheva brachos. It has simcha type of foods, and the recipes yield food for about 60 ppl so you don't have to triple of all of your recipes (it also breaks down many of the recipes for you into regular portions). You might want to look into it.

HAVE FUN!

Raisin

Post Sun, Sep 03 2006, 5:33 am
You could make carrot and coriander soup, or carrot and orange soup - really easy because you can start with frozen carrots. Look online for a recipe.

Something with chopped meat is a good idea because it is much cheaper. Meatballs (with rice, spaghetti or potatoes)

Look through your cookbooks for any more ideas.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Sep 03 2006, 6:00 am
one of my sheva brachos was chinese food; everyone loved it!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus