Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
Ode to Imamother...

deedee

Post Fri, Mar 04 2005, 2:41 am
"Motherhood is the most amazing, most demanding profession, and there is alot we can learn from other moms."

Pearl

Post Fri, Mar 04 2005, 5:21 am
Yes to that! would like to add that it's way more difficult than I ever anticipated, but also way more rewarding, B"H!

deedee

Post Fri, Mar 04 2005, 11:57 am
Quote:
it's way more difficult than I ever anticipated

so true. I know my married friends told me all about raising kids but ya never know till ya got one (or many Wink ).

Motek

Post Sat, Mar 05 2005, 9:24 pm
Somebody said it takes about six weeks to get back to normal after you've had a baby ... somebody doesn't know that once you're a mother, "normal" is history.

Somebody said you learn how to be a mother by instinct ... somebody never took a three-year-old shopping.

Somebody said being a mother is boring ... somebody never rode in a car driven by a teenager with a driver's permit.

Somebody said if you're a "good" mother, your child will "turn out good" ... somebody thinks a child comes with directions and a guarantee.

Somebody said "good" mothers never raise their voices ... somebody never came out the back door just in time to see her child hit a golf ball through the neighbor's kitchen window.

Somebody said you don't need an education to be a mother, somebody never helped a fourth grader with his math.

Somebody said you can't love the fifth child as much as you love the first .. somebody doesn't have five children.

Somebody said a mother can find all the answers to her
child-rearing questions in the books . Somebody never had a child stuff beans up his nose or in his ears.

Somebody said the hardest part of being a mother is labor and delivery ... somebody never watched her "baby" get on the bus for the first day of kindergarten ... or on a plane headed for military "boot camp."

Somebody said a mother can do her job with her eyes closed and one hand tied behind her back ... somebody never organized seven giggling Brownies to sell cookies.

Somebody said a mother can stop worrying after her child gets married ...somebody doesn't know that marriage adds a new son or daughter-in-law to a mother's heartstrings.

Somebody said a mother's job is done when her last child leaves home ..somebody never had grandchildren.

Somebody said your mother knows you love her, so you don't need to tell her ... somebody isn't a mother.

deedee

Post Sat, Mar 05 2005, 9:26 pm
good one LOL

supermom

Post Sun, Mar 13 2005, 12:08 pm
cute I couldn't stop laughing

my cousin just had her second baby she thought all would be like a perfect dream like her first. She called me up today and said why didn't anyone warn me that raising two kids that is isn't an easy job. Yup raising kids isn't easy but the rewards are all worthwhile.

Tefila

Post Sun, Mar 13 2005, 1:28 pm
Quote:
Somebody said if you're a "good" mother, your child will "turn out good" ... somebody thinks a child comes with directions and a guarantee

Soo true Exclamation
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics