Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
I'm grateful for...., after I read about ... on Imamother
Previous  1  2

amother
Coral

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 5:54 pm
My normal family and friends, free of drama, after reading all the threads about sick relationships and attitudes, whether wife vs. husband, parents vs. children, inlaws vs. outlaws, friend vs. friend, etc.

My lifelong fiscal responsibility, after reading about so many people who spend money they don't have, never think to save and don't know how to, and then come crying because they can't afford to buy the latest fashions, or, worse yet, are about to lose their house or whatever for nonpayment.

Having been brought up with no thought of keeping up with the Joneses, which is part of why I have no trouble being fiscally responsible, after reading threads by people who are distressed because they "have to" have or wear or drive or live in such-and-such a manner but can't afford to.

A mother who taught me domestic skills at an early age, after reading threads by women who are utterly clueless.

A mother who advised me to learn something with which to make a living, after reading about women who have little education, never worked for a living, have no marketable skills, and are stuck being married to a man who is neglectful or outright abusive, because they haven't the tools to support themselves.

amother
Papayawhip

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 6:00 pm
I’m grateful for not actually getting divorced, but rather working very very hard to make our marriage work even when it seemed impossible, especially after reading here about how complicated it is with children.

Highstrung

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 6:03 pm
I’m grateful that inner child healing and therapy was very helpful in healing big parts of my childhood trauma . I see how many people are still stuck and it doesn’t work for them and that it must be excruciating.

Last edited by Highstrung on Tue, Feb 20 2024, 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Ebony

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 6:08 pm
amother Bisque wrote:
This is interesting how do you think American life is more stressful?

A UK mom here.

The stresses of life in America scream loudly from the weekly mags.

Was just reading an article about camp. And another one about Seminary in Ey and yet another about brand name clothes.

I have a large family and I've only sent to camp only a handfull of times (and only for 2 weeks at a fraction of American prices). We just go away to the country for a week or so.

American Seminaries in Israel? I only know a handful of girls who went.

My kids do not expect brand name clothes. When they start working, they can buy.

amother
NeonBlue

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 6:09 pm
I’m grateful for a wonderful husband who takes such good care of my needs after reading about so many women who are suffering in this area. Hugs and best wishes to you all; it really breaks my heart hearing about it.

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 7:36 pm
amother NeonGreen wrote:
I’m grateful you’re not mad at me. Even though I’m still laughing every time I picture the Betty Crocker sitting on the bottom of the Mikvah like the titanic. We should do tours.

Can you link this thread? Sounds like it was fun but I missed it!

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 7:37 pm
I'm grateful that Im able to fargin people who are more well off than me

amother
DarkCyan

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 8:31 pm
I'm grateful for my non abusive childhood. My childhood wasn't pleasant and I have had much trauma in my adult life. But now I realize what a precious foundation I was given just by having parents who weren't abusive or neglectful, just plain flawed, struggling humans.

amother
NeonGreen

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 8:33 pm
amother Beige wrote:
Can you link this thread? Sounds like it was fun but I missed it!
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....49257

amother
Stonewash

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 8:54 pm
amother NeonBlue wrote:
I’m grateful for a wonderful husband who takes such good care of my needs after reading about so many women who are suffering in this area. Hugs and best wishes to you all; it really breaks my heart hearing about it.

Came here to say the same exact thing. He’s patient and loving and fulfills all my needs TYH.

Although on imafather I don’t think he would say the same Sad

This is a second marriage for both of us so if you’re reading this and you’re jealous know there’s hope.

amother
Lightpink

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 9:15 pm
I am so so grateful for my toddlers most amazing morah and baby’s just as amazing babysitter.

s1

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 3:09 am
Why im so pleased I live in the UK and not USA
As Ebony said:
Less camp pressures
Less "designer" pressures
Less materialism in general
I think school fees are less/more flexible
NHS (yes it's not brilliant but at least I don't need to worry about the cost every time I take my child to the Dr)
Better midwifery and childbirth options
Longer maternity leave
No pressure for Fancy vachtnachts, opsherens, lchaims
Hardly anyone goes to Israeli sems
Fewer foreign holidays
No "pesach program" pressures
Less extreme weather
Less politics (I don't know anyone who'd dream of asking people who they vote for as part of shidduch investigations!)
Less gun crime
Less "keeping up with the Cohens"
I could go on!

amother
Grape

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 3:38 am
I am grateful for getting connected to S-Anon through here. For learning that anything can turn around.

amother
Magnolia

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 3:43 am
Ok so I actually really regret not having veen raised frum and that my dad isn't Jewish, but every cloud has a silver lining, so I'm grateful for my nonJewish dad's genes which made me super healthy and I don't have any of the diseases that seem super common amongst full Jews: lactose intolerance, celiac, IBS, ecsema, anxiety and so on. Also, probably thanks to my dad's genes again, none of my kids have any of those issues either.

amother
Daffodil

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 7:54 am
I'm grateful for a husband with ADHD who is self-aware of his challenges and is responsible in dealing with them, after I read on imamother about so many husbands who aren't, leaving the burden on their wives.

I'm grateful for an amazing bedroom life, after I read on imamother about people who don't enjoy s*x and view it as a chore.

I'm grateful for the personality that I was born with, one that doesn't care about social expectations, after I read on imamother about people driving themselves crazy to live up to meaningless material standards.

amother
Dustypink

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 7:58 am
s1 wrote:
Why im so pleased I live in the UK and not USA
As Ebony said:
Less camp pressures
Less "designer" pressures
Less materialism in general
I think school fees are less/more flexible
NHS (yes it's not brilliant but at least I don't need to worry about the cost every time I take my child to the Dr)
Better midwifery and childbirth options
Longer maternity leave
No pressure for Fancy vachtnachts, opsherens, lchaims
Hardly anyone goes to Israeli sems
Fewer foreign holidays
No "pesach program" pressures
Less extreme weather
Less politics (I don't know anyone who'd dream of asking people who they vote for as part of shidduch investigations!)
Less gun crime
Less "keeping up with the Cohens"
I could go on!

Not sure about those. I am from the UK too.

In the USA they make double or more our paycheck so at the end of the day, they earn and spend more. Not sure we're better off at all.

amother
Vanilla

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 8:03 am
amother Wheat wrote:
I’m grateful to be out of my NT/ASD marriage after reading about difficult it is to find help

I'm grateful my husband with ASD is self aware, takes responsibility, works on himself, and is a great father, and husband after reading how many women are married to autistic men who cannot or will not do these things.

amother
Milk

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 8:04 am
I’m grateful for the protein bar recommendation that someone posted including an amazon link. I read about it last night, ordered it at 11pm from my bed and it was delivered at 6:45am this morning (while I was still in bed) so I can have it with my cup of coffee!!
(Very strange which items amazon decides to deliver overnight)

I’m also grateful that I don’t live in a small apartment/house. So many people here complain how hard life is in a tiny apartment. I’m not saying that my life is great but the size of my house is not a problem bH.

And I’m grateful after reading about so many people’s stressful lives that I’m not working now. I did work for 25 years… started right out of high school but I haven’t worked the last few years. I never thought this would happen to me.

Shabbosiscoming

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 9:52 am
I'm grateful for Imamothers' wonderful sense of humor and creativity, after reading threads like "Immediate reaction to thread titles," "Niddatude," and countless other threads.

Thanks everyone for a great time!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics