Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays
Getting anything new for yomtov?

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Aug 28 2006, 4:27 pm
Besides a suit and shoes for myself that I didn’t wear last year, an outfit my mom got me when we visited with her (I got a matching shell on Sunday) and the sukkah that we are buying (and I guess lulav and esrog), that’s it for us so far.

Oh, and I saw a roast on sale so I got it and froze it.

What are your plans, so far?

Tovah

Post Mon, Aug 28 2006, 5:07 pm
are u planning already sara g? well I guess this yr since B''h my kids need nothing, Hurrah! I will get something for a change. after all I've been wearing the same summer suit for the last 2 yrs. so I think maybe one or 2 new things will do. and a hat for my husband. but as far as food all let u know in 3 weeks.

mimsy7420

Post Mon, Aug 28 2006, 5:08 pm
Is Yomtov that soon?

Crazy!

happyone

Post Mon, Aug 28 2006, 5:14 pm
Sara, you're nice and organized. My focus is/should be on uniforms and school supplies at this point.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Aug 28 2006, 5:16 pm
We did that already, Happy.

curly

Post Mon, Aug 28 2006, 5:50 pm
wow sarah you're organized. I'm usually last minute and still have to decide where I'll be for yom tov (if we'll go away or stay home)

Esther01

Post Mon, Aug 28 2006, 6:06 pm
curly you are not the only one who needs to decide that....

avigayil

Post Mon, Aug 28 2006, 6:09 pm
I plan on getting new shoes. Maybe a cookbook too since I lost one of my old standbys.

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Aug 28 2006, 6:27 pm
I'd like to get a new outfit. . . I'm so bad at buying Shabbos clothing. Everytime I go shopping for nice clothing I end up with another jean skirt and tshirts Sad
I REALLY need stuff for Shabbos, I have nothing. . .

Ambassador-to-KJ

Post Mon, Aug 28 2006, 6:30 pm
I'm going to HAVE to buy some new Yom Tov clothes. Im going to be in my 7th month (I think) for yomtov so, a couple of nice outfits and flat dressy shoes (I dont have any of those)

tziviakayla

Post Mon, Aug 28 2006, 6:30 pm
I also need new Shabbos clothes, in general. I have a few dry-clean only suits that I wear for Rosh Hashana (as well as chasunas and other simchas) I'll probably get a new dress or outfit for Sukkos. And I need a new pair of shoes!

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Aug 28 2006, 6:39 pm
I could use a few fancy outfits too - I lost 30 lbs and mamesh have nothing to fit!

granolamom

Post Mon, Aug 28 2006, 6:58 pm
we're done with school supplies/uniforms and up to yom tov shopping here too. my kids all need clothes and shoes. we're planning IY"H to be in Israel for succos so my summer stuff will still be ok. I do need a nice pair of flats for shabbos, I hate wearing heels in Israel, I feel so out of place.

MMEC123

Post Mon, Aug 28 2006, 7:00 pm
I can't decide what to do. There are a bunch of sales this weekend for labor day so I would like to do my Y"T clothing shopping then. I just don't know what size to get- IY"H I'll be starting my 6th month right around when succos starts but I have no clue what size clothes I'll need. So far I'm not showing at all so anything could happen! But what a bummer to miss out on the sales!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics