Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Pets
Weird Pet Habits

HindaRochel

Post Mon, Dec 20 2010, 8:52 am
Neither of our cats will eat unless they cannot see the bottom of their bowl.

Both want company when they eat. We have to pet them a few minutes before they'll dig in, or they'll meow at us.

And Dina using her paws to pat me to wake me up.

sequoia

Post Mon, Dec 20 2010, 3:44 pm
I have to tell you, I'm on another forum called useless_faq, where people can ask random questions. A lot of the questions are about cats!

It turns out that the habits we think are weird in our cats are actually quite common if not universal.

For example everyone said their cats will never "clean their plate" but will meow for more food once there is about 30% or less left in their bowl.

Aside from that... Annie is a complete psycho (but I love her anyway because she's cuddly), and Charlotte is wise and normal.

imabima

Post Mon, Dec 20 2010, 6:01 pm
One of my ducks tried to drown by pecking at one of the younger ducks. I can't look at her the same anymore!

anon

Post Mon, Dec 20 2010, 8:01 pm
My dog won't eat dog food all day. He tries to convince family members to feed him people food. At the end of the day, if he's still hungry, then he'll finally resort to eating his dog food.

shanie5

Post Mon, Dec 20 2010, 10:50 pm
Our canary sings when any machine is running. Vacuum cleaner, drill, sewing machine. He also gets very loud when we are watching a video. He gets quiet when I chirp back at him.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Dec 21 2010, 8:36 am
One of my rats cleans up the cage, and makes sure no one displaces stuff.

imaamy

Post Tue, Dec 21 2010, 8:43 am
anon-our dog is a supreme beggar too. If I even go in the kitchen, he is there waiting to see what he can get out of me. Gets pretty annoying sometimes as he is constantly underfoot. When he does eat his dog food, he usually scratches the bowl to indicate he wants more.

Atali

Post Tue, Dec 21 2010, 11:07 am
My cat (who currently lives at my parents house, but used to live at my house) does not usually stick her face in a bowl of water to drink it. Instead she scoops up a little water with her paw and licks it from there.

It's aidel but inefficient.

HindaRochel

Post Tue, Dec 21 2010, 12:26 pm
sequoia wrote:
I have to tell you, I'm on another forum called useless_faq, where people can ask random questions. A lot of the questions are about cats!

It turns out that the habits we think are weird in our cats are actually quite common if not universal.

For example everyone said their cats will never "clean their plate" but will meow for more food once there is about 30% or less left in their bowl.

Aside from that... Annie is a complete psycho (but I love her anyway because she's cuddly), and Charlotte is wise and normal.

I tried to google the forum but it is in Russian? It looks fun....

sequoia

Post Tue, Dec 21 2010, 6:03 pm
HindaRochel wrote:
sequoia wrote:

I tried to google the forum but it is in Russian? It looks fun....

Yeah it's a Russian forum Smile Russians love cats, for example when you move to a new apartment you have to let your cat (or someone else's, if you don't have one) go in first for good luck at the new place.

Besiyata Dishmaya

Post Sat, Jan 08 2011, 3:32 pm
Atali wrote:
My cat (who currently lives at my parents house, but used to live at my house) does not usually stick her face in a bowl of water to drink it. Instead she scoops up a little water with her paw and licks it from there.

It's aidel but inefficient.

So you have a cat that uses manners and etiquette when she eats. And from what I see, she's a talmid chochom too. 8)

ellie23

Post Mon, Jan 10 2011, 6:10 pm
anon- the dog is getting spoiled and knows it will get human food so of course it wont eat the dog food! I suggest you stop giving the human food as it will surely make him overweight and give him dog food..he may refuse to eat it at first but dont give in! hold out for a day or 2 and see if he ate his dog food..if he doesnt eat after that long try to change his dog food brand or texture.....and keep trying!

lech lecha08

Post Wed, Jan 12 2011, 3:22 am
The dog we had growing up would lick the condensation from the bottom of your glass as you were drinking. That caused some near-spills
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Pets