Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
BEST most AMAZING chicken recipe thread!
Previous  1  2  3  Next

kokoshpro

Post Tue, Aug 31 2010, 2:12 am
Gardengirl - I'm not sure which order to dip the chicken in, either egg or flour first, I think I did it both ways and worked out fine either way. Also, I think I once just did it in flour and no egg and it was great too!

ra-mom - You place the raw chicken on top of the veggies and bake it all together

e1234

Post Tue, Aug 31 2010, 3:01 am
for quick and easy but not gourmet.

1. brown 2 onions. add brown sugar and ketchup. add chicken and optional potatoes.
to make this looking nice put chickens in pan and pour onion,brown sugar, ketchup mix over it. - bake covered 1 hour and uncovered for 1/2 an hour

2. brown 3 onions, add chicken and 1 c. grape juice (I also put potatoes as we are potato eaters)

3. put chicken in crockpot on top of rice with a drop of water. 5 hours later you have a great meal

enneamom

Post Tue, Aug 31 2010, 10:38 pm
Wine Chicken:

Slice an onion into rings and spread over skinned chicken bottoms.
Sprinkle garlic powder & a little paprika.
Add 1 can (or less) of small whole mushrooms.
Pour wine of your choice over chicken,enough to cover the bottom of the pan. If you prefer a sweet taste, you can add grape juice.
Cover and bake at 350 for 2 hours.

slushiemom

Post Tue, Aug 31 2010, 10:42 pm
Sherri wrote:
Jamie Geller's Honey Chicken:

Thanks ra-mom for sharing and typing it out on a different thread:

1 chicken, cut into 8 pieces
3/4 cup honey
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup olive oil
1 Tbsp garlic powder
1 tsp black pepper

Mix together all sauce ingredients.
Pour over chicken.
Bake, uncovered, at 375 for 1 hour, or until slightly

[I leave out the olive oil, and reduce the black pepper amount.
I use 4 chicken bottoms, and sometimes separate the thighs from the drumstick, as suggested.]

It's delishes!

Made this one last night for dh and a bunch of yeshiva guys- it was a big hit and super easy, thanks!!

gold21

Post Tue, Aug 31 2010, 11:49 pm
Schwarma Chicken (thanks to Watermelon for this recipe which my husband loves!!): Step 1: take dark chicken cutlets (you can probably use the regular chicken breast too, but officially the dark one is better) and cut into pieces. Step 2: cover in TONS of schwarma spice (which is sold in the grocery in the spice section) Step 3: oven-fry the chicken in a foil pan with oil on bottom Step 4: stuff into pita, with coleslaw or whatever else you like, if desired.

gold21

Post Tue, Aug 31 2010, 11:56 pm
also, theres an amazing awesome sesame chicken recipe posted on imamother a while back, which my family loves!! the thread was started by Cindy324, who was searching for a recipe for sesame chicken, and a poster named Whatever posted a recipe which is simple but delicious. so whoever wants to search for it, feel free! :-)

OOTBubby

Post Wed, Sep 01 2010, 5:51 am
gold21 wrote:
also, theres an amazing awesome sesame chicken recipe posted on imamother a while back, which my family loves!! the thread was started by Cindy324, who was searching for a recipe for sesame chicken, and a poster named Whatever posted a recipe which is simple but delicious. so whoever wants to search for it, feel free! :-)

I don't know if this is the one you are referring to, but it is outstanding and it came from here some place:

Heaven 3 Minute Sesame Chicken

1 fryer or chicken pieces
Garlic or garlic powder
1/2 cup Mikee Sesame Teriyaki Sauce
1/2 cup duck sauce
Sesame seeds

Season chicken with garlic or garlic powder. Mix sauces and spread on chicken. Sprinkle sesame seeds over chicken.

Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes covered and 45 minutes uncovered.

I prefer to bake it uncovered the whole time.

fiddle

Post Wed, Sep 01 2010, 6:17 am
Baked Teriyaki Chicken from allrecipes.com

* 2 tablespoon cornstarch
* 2 tablespoon cold water
* 1/2 cup brown sugar
* 1/4 white sugar
* 1 cup soy sauce
* 1/2 cup cider vinegar
* 3 clove garlic, minced
* 1 teaspoon ground ginger
* 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 12 skinless chicken thighs

Directions

1. In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the cornstarch, cold water, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger and ground black pepper. Let simmer, stirring frequently, until sauce thickens and bubbles.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
3. Place chicken pieces in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
4. Bake in the preheated oven covered for 1.5 hour. Turn pieces over, and bake for another 30 minutes, then flip pieces back over and cook open for another 1/2 hour or until chicken is a deep brown color.
play around with the amounts of time according to personal taste

Caramelized chicken from mishpacha

* 2 Chickens cut into eights, or 8 thighs
* paprika
* garlic powder
* oil, or sautéing
* 2 large onions, cut into rings
* 2 oz (50 grams) margarine, melted
* 3/4 cup light brown sugar
* 1½ Tbsp soy sauce

Directions

1. Preheat the broiler. Position the chicken portions in a single layer in a baking pan and sprinkle with paprika and garlic powder. Broil for 8-10 minutes. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a medium frying pan and sauté the onions. Combine the melted margarine with the brown sugar and soy sauce, and stir this into the sautéed onions. Then pour this mixture over the chicken. Cover the baking pan and return it to the oven. Set the oven to 350°F (180°C) and bake for 1½-2 hours (depending on how soft you like your chicken). Remove the foil and continue baking, uncovered, for an additional half hour, until the chicken has a deep brown color.

some more from allrecipes.com, amazing ratings and amazing results

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/B......aspx
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/K......aspx - tripled and follow the reviewers comments.
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/H......aspx

Burrrberry

Post Wed, Sep 01 2010, 9:13 am
OOTBubby wrote:
gold21 wrote:

I don't know if this is the one you are referring to, but it is outstanding and it came from here some place:

Heaven 3 Minute Sesame Chicken

1 fryer or chicken pieces
Garlic or garlic powder
1/2 cup Mikee Sesame Teriyaki Sauce
1/2 cup duck sauce
Sesame seeds

Season chicken with garlic or garlic powder. Mix sauces and spread on chicken. Sprinkle sesame seeds over chicken.

Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes covered and 45 minutes uncovered.

I prefer to bake it uncovered the whole time.

OOTBubby, your apricot chicken was delicious!
Gold, is this the recipe you're referring to?

Burrrberry

Post Wed, Sep 01 2010, 9:17 am
OOTBubby, I want to make that recipe. Can I use boneless skinless chicken breasts? If so, is the cook time different? Thanks!

gold21

Post Wed, Sep 01 2010, 9:21 am
No thats not the recipe I am referring to (altho im sure its delicious too!). unfortunately, I cant link to the post I am referring to, because it doesnt work on a cellphone, which is how I access imamother... Search for Sesame Chicken, and click on the thread by Cindy324. In that thread, there is a post by Whatever for an excellent uncomplicated recipe which involves ketchup, soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, corn starch, water. When I locate my recipe book I will bli neder post it.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Sep 01 2010, 9:24 am
gold21 wrote:
No thats not the recipe I am referring to (altho im sure its delicious too!). unfortunately, I cant link to the post I am referring to, because it doesnt work on a cellphone, which is how I access imamother... Search for Sesame Chicken, and click on the thread by Cindy324. In that thread, there is a post by Whatever for an excellent uncomplicated recipe which involves ketchup, soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, corn starch, water. When I locate my recipe book I will bli neder post it.

Here's the thread, and the recipe.

http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....icken

whatever wrote:
ok the sauce I use almost weekly its yummy either on simple breaded fried cutlets or over little pieces of cutlets coated in a mixture of flour, oil and water and then deep fried goes like this: (dont bet me on it, might not be exact.)
12 tbs sugar
6 tbs ketchup
4 tbs soy sauce
3 tbs vinegar
2 tbs corn starch diluted in 1 cup water
and sesame seeds of course.
boil until thickens.
g'luck

gold21

Post Wed, Sep 01 2010, 2:31 pm
thank you ra-mom! :-)

OOTBubby

Post Wed, Sep 01 2010, 3:11 pm
Burrrberry wrote:
OOTBubby, I want to make that recipe. Can I use boneless skinless chicken breasts? If so, is the cook time different? Thanks!

Not sure if you're referring to the apricot-garlic one or the sesame-teriyaki one, but in either case I've never used them on boneless, skinless breasts, but don't see why they wouldn't work. Cooking time would certain be less (I'd say 20-30 minutes maximum, probably the lower end of that or else it'll get dry).

JRKmommy

Post Tue, Sep 14 2010, 12:51 pm
Rosh Hashana is over, but there are plenty more yomim tovim to come, so here are my top 2 really easy but super-delicious recipes:

Asian Chicken

Marinade: Mix equal amounts of soy sauce, hoisin sauce and sweet Thai chili sauce
Cover chicken drums with marinade. Bake at 330 degrees for 1.5 hours (if possible, using a rack in the pan or a broil pan).

Rosemary Balsamic Chicken

Marinade: Mix equal amounts of deli mustard, Balsamic vinegar and extra-virgin olive oil, and add a good pinch of rosemary.

Coat chicken legs in marinade overnight. Bake at 340 degrees for 1.5 - 2 h hours. Use roasting pan with a rack or broil pan, so that the chicken isn't sitting in the fat.

nj123

Post Thu, Mar 24 2011, 7:12 pm
Awesome recipe 5 minute Chicken, Rice, and Veggies! all in one pan= no mess!
http://becausecheaperisbetter.......html

JayZsims

Post Fri, May 13 2011, 9:17 am
Any response about the order of flour then egg Kokoshpro? I think I'm going to do it in the reverse because I've ne ver heard of dipping chicken into flour and then egg.

amme

Post Fri, May 13 2011, 11:11 am
kokoshpro wrote:
Gardengirl - I'm not sure which order to dip the chicken in, either egg or flour first, I think I did it both ways and worked out fine either way. Also, I think I once just did it in flour and no egg and it was great too!

ra-mom - You place the raw chicken on top of the veggies and bake it all together

JayZsims- see above

nycgal

Post Fri, May 13 2011, 11:13 am
JayZsims wrote:
Any response about the order of flour then egg Kokoshpro? I think I'm going to do it in the reverse because I've ne ver heard of dipping chicken into flour and then egg.

The flour makes the chicken dry so the egg will stick on it.

crush

Post Fri, May 13 2011, 11:40 am
JayZsims wrote:

I've heard of flour then egg. I've never done it, but I heard it was good.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey