Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Allergies
Allergic to sugar and teachers
Previous  1  2

Mitzvahmom

Post Wed, Sep 27 2006, 9:12 pm
they just do not want to cause problems..

"it's not fair such and such got to do it." sort of situations.

Health is a Virture

Post Thu, Oct 19 2006, 4:13 pm
1. I know that the name of this thread sounds slly...my fault!

2. The person writing about the Feingold diet, why are writing it as "anonymous"??

3. it could be that it is really all those other things besides sugar, but it is much easier to just tell the teachers and friends' parents, etc not to give him any sugar. (I do know that caffeine and food coloring are the worse!)

4. I got a doctor's note and brought it the first day of school that he can't have sugar. (I also give them other treats) The teachers this year handle it sooo well. They don't make him feel like he is lacking at all (as he is used to it anyway).

amother

Post Thu, Oct 19 2006, 4:27 pm
I am amother because there are people that know I use FG on here, and I don't want to give away my screenname. I will pm you, so you know who I am in case you want to pm me.
If it's enough for your child to eliminate sugar, then that's great. Your child is probably not that sensitive, and FG would be a ton of work for no reason. For all the people that tried eliminating sugar, and it did not work (including me), it's really the coloring, additives etc. that are the problem. Eliminating foods with sugar would not help at all in this case, because there are additives, preservatives in many foods without sugar. These kids would still be in a constant (behavior) reaction on a sugar free diet.

amother

Post Thu, Oct 19 2006, 4:34 pm
Also, while packaged items with sugar may cause a problem for your child, you might want to try baking with pure cane sugar (regular sugar) as an experiment, and give it to your child after a meal, and see if that is a problem. It can be much less limiting (adding in sugar, not going on FG)
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics