Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Allergies
Seborea and soy allergy

amother

Post Sun, Jun 25 2006, 10:41 pm
maybe someone can help with this, my 2 month old has seborea - a terrible rash in the folds of her neck, the doc said must be a result of a food allergy that by process of elimination he decided it was soy (and if your thinking who eats soy anyways, go check out the ingredients on any given processed food in the store, I'd say 90 percent have soy in it, whether its soy flour or soybean oil etc ) so anyway s he gave me a cortizone cream for her to use for two week s and ive been off soy for two week s and the first week her rash go t lighter and lighter and now the second week its back to dark red, anyone ever dealt wtih this??? the doctor told me to go to a pediatric dermatoligist, which I probly will, the rash gets all gooky and stuff and she screams when I clean it. also, a/o been off soy while nursing?

Pickle Lady

Post Sun, Jun 25 2006, 10:43 pm
why not go to an allergist? if its an allergy

Esther01

Post Sun, Jun 25 2006, 11:21 pm
I just want to tell you that rashes in babies is not easy... sorry for scaring you. my nephew had horrible rashes when he was a baby, my sil went off 100 foods, took 100 creams till they got rid of it by some chinese medicine guy.
a friend of mine also had this issue with her baby and it took a long time for them to figure out how to get rid of it.
so my advice to you is #1 don't panic,
#2 daven that whatever direction you decide to take it should be the right one to help your baby (the right shaliach for you)
and #3 don't use cortozone, it only makes the rash go away as long as you are using the cream. the minute you stop it comes right back, and cortozone isn't good for the babies bones.
I wish you hatzlacha and refuah sheleima for your baby.

chanab

Post Sun, Jun 25 2006, 11:26 pm
Do not use cortizone. It loses its effect and you have to keep raising the strength. and it affects growth.BTDT---my son had terrible eczema starting at about 6 weeks. Has she recently had shots? It could be connected to that rather than food.

gryp

Post Sun, Jun 25 2006, 11:36 pm
is your baby chubby?
mine had a rash under his (many) chin(s) until he started crawling. once he started moving around, he lost weight, and the rash is practically gone.

besides the cortizone cream my pediatrician gave me an antifungal, and I mixed them together. it cleared up immediately.

luv2bamom

Post Mon, Jun 26 2006, 11:45 am
Gluck to you! And I think I mentioned this to you already, but I would try Sara Chana! She's in California now, but its def worth a try!

amother

Post Tue, Jun 27 2006, 12:40 am
thanx for the responses, I think I'm going to stop the cream I called a pediatric dermatoligist but they cant give me an appointment untili august, meanwhile I'm going to stop the cortizone, its only the under the neck and its not that she that chubby that she has ten layers there, its always so moist and gucky and she screams when I clean it, its really driving me nuts, a/o with any other ideas or experiences, please let me know,
rmp3girls - which chinese doctor, s/o around brooklyn?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics