Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Traveling long distance-what MUST I bring??

hinda

Post Mon, Mar 15 2010, 5:27 pm
We are making several long haul airplane trips,one for Pesach,the other this summer.I am panicking about traveling with two little ones who will be five months for the Pesach trip but nine months next time.Any things that really were life savers for you?Should I schlep baby bjorn?stroller on board or what?What about car seats if we're not purchasing seats in case there are extra spaces?any thoughts,ideas and sanity savers will be much appreciated.
Thanks!!

Mrs Bissli

Post Mon, Mar 15 2010, 7:07 pm
Most important of all extra diapers and changes of clothes, in case of delays, tummy problems, or a suitcase not making to the destination ch'v. Also travel-size wet wipes (or put wads in a ziplock bags), baby paracetamol/tylenol just in case.

9months would be on solids--bananas are not liquid so no problems bringing on board, can be mashed easily. Otherwise cereal like Cheerios, rice crackers, cucumber sticks in a snack size ziplock bags. Are you going to be nursing or using bottles? Bring a few sterlised clean bottles. It's easy to make formula onboard esp with powder formula (also takes less space).

You should be able to gate-check a stroller. Though it's a pain when you can't pick it up on the other side as soon as you get off the plane.

DO NOT COUNT ON extra seats available, esp if you're flying during the peak travel seasons like Pesach or summer.

Kumphort

Post Mon, Mar 15 2010, 9:22 pm
I would bring the babies in their carseats, with a double snap n go, wheel it to the gate, there is always a chance you can get lucky, and there might be at least one extra seat. you are going to need the car seats once you get to your destination anyhow, so this way, you dont have to bring carseats, and strollers.

Also Double check with the airline if there are rules about having two lap infants in one row. I think I saw this mentioned on other twin message boards.

I would only bring diapers for the trip + 1 nite, and plan on buying when you get there, they take up a lot of room.

Extra paci's bottles etc, prepare the bottles as much as you can before hand...

good luck

mummy-bh

Post Tue, Mar 16 2010, 1:46 am
Komphort is right, you cannot have more than one lap infant per row.

Five months is a very easy age to fly with. I flew with my twins for 7 hours when they were 10 months and mostly formula fed. I took many bottles with measured amounts of water and added in the powder on the flight. Try to feed at take off and landing, or at least give a pacifier, to help with ear pressure. Take double the amount of bottles than you think you might need.
Take extra clothes and diapers, more than you think you will need. (Due to previous experiences, I always take an extra shirt for myself....)
We took 2 single strollers, because my double is very heavy and big, and the singles were much more practical. When I've flown with a stroller (quite a few times!), only very occasionally did the cabin crew keep it at the front of the aeroplane, usually due to space constraints it gets put in the hold as soon as you board.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more