Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
It's beginning to look a lot like...
Previous  1  2

supermama2

Post Wed, Oct 29 2008, 1:34 pm
ohhh maybe I should sell some of my homemade ones this year for a dollar and make a little pocket money Very Happy

ok, so what are the odds of having customers in Arizona... Confused

ClaRivka

Post Wed, Oct 29 2008, 1:35 pm
SarahO. wrote:
ohhh maybe I should sell some of my homemade ones this year for a dollar and make a little pocket money Very Happy

ok, so what are the odds of having customers in Arizona... Confused

get chabad to buy from you!

supermama2

Post Wed, Oct 29 2008, 1:38 pm
Well maybe but my home is not under Chabad supervision...

yo'ma

Post Wed, Oct 29 2008, 1:47 pm
SarahO. wrote:
I have to say...my homemade ones look just a good...not to toot my own horn though lol Yesha is the 3.99 in shekel? so like one dollar and 50 cents a piece or what's the cost per.

Please toot your own horn and post the recipe...in the proper section, so it will be easy to find. Thanks!

Fabulous

Post Wed, Oct 29 2008, 1:50 pm
SarahO. wrote:
Well maybe but my home is not under Chabad supervision...

Plus the way the shekel and the dollar are goin now, it's close to $1.10

chanagital

Post Wed, Oct 29 2008, 1:54 pm
Wow I feel sorry for you if you only get to have donuts before channukkah then that is a shame... they make them year round here...for all those who want a donut for breakfast even if you want to break the fast with them you could get them from the kosher bakery. I think that is what helps my waist cause I can get when I want... so I don't over eat come chanukkah... but potato lakahs that is different.... we only make them now... and my family still doesn't understand the sour cream thing I do with them. I put sour cream between two and enjoy like a sam witch.

BeershevaBubby

Post Wed, Oct 29 2008, 2:00 pm
chanagital wrote:
Wow I feel sorry for you if you only get to have donuts before channukkah then that is a shame... they make them year round here...for all those who want a donut for breakfast even if you want to break the fast with them you could get them from the kosher bakery. I think that is what helps my waist cause I can get when I want... so I don't over eat come chanukkah... but potato lakahs that is different.... we only make them now... and my family still doesn't understand the sour cream thing I do with them. I put sour cream between two and enjoy like a sam witch.

And here I was, feeling sorry for YOU since between now and 3 days after Chanukah, you're inundated with Hallowe'en, Thanksgiving and Xmas garbage. At least I'm being bombarded with a Jewish holiday symbol.

supermom

Post Wed, Oct 29 2008, 2:14 pm
The actual doughnut is good but the jelly is gross, it tastes like food coloring and all. Shame they don't sell the real jelly doughnuts.

chanagital

Post Wed, Oct 29 2008, 2:32 pm
what side of the planet do you think I live... hehehe I haven't seen anything that you talk about unless I stop watching my dvd's....I live in a jewish area...no holidays here... the stores I go to are all jewish owned and operated...I only have to go out of my little area when I need diapers... but I can live with that. I only do that once a month or less cause my baby is almost potty trained.

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Wed, Oct 29 2008, 2:37 pm
boo hoo

Not only will we NEVER get such good, kosher doughnuts around here but...

When I saw your thread title I though you were talking about a different type of white powder....they type that has been drifting on and off outside my window for the past 24 hrs...yep...it beginning to snow like Chanukah here (although no accumulation yet, B"H)

Tamiri

Post Wed, Oct 29 2008, 11:58 pm
My opinion on Sufganiot is: Like everything else, they ain't what they used to be when you buy the mass produced ones.
However, and this is a biggie: there are boutique sufganiot which cost a fortune (the amount of 7 nis was mentioned, I believe that would be low-end) and are amazing.
If anyone ever steps into a Roladin bakery around Chanuka time, let me know what you think :evil: . Their baked goods are dairy, BTW.

Akeres Habayis

Post Thu, Oct 30 2008, 1:28 am
yesha I should hit u w/a WET NOODLE LOL
my mouth was drooling when I saw the sufganiot!I had only eggs in the house
to eat when I saw that picture Twisted Evil

I see them all the time at the T.M but I just close my eyes and keep walking.

my dd was born on chanukah so I make suf for her birthday,they are good(recipe from spice and spirit)but I am looking for a really moist,melt in your mouth kind.so tamari I would pay 7nis for it,if its that good!is it mehadrin?if so?tell me where in the city(j-m)

I hope everyone will post recipes!

StrongIma

Post Thu, Oct 30 2008, 2:30 am
Akeres Habayis wrote:
I hope everyone will post recipes!

you first

daamom

Post Thu, Oct 30 2008, 2:43 am
Tamiri wrote:
My opinion on Sufganiot is: Like everything else, they ain't what they used to be when you buy the mass produced ones.
However, and this is a biggie: there are boutique sufganiot which cost a fortune (the amount of 7 nis was mentioned, I believe that would be low-end) and are amazing.
If anyone ever steps into a Roladin bakery around Chanuka time, let me know what you think Exploding anger . Their baked goods are dairy, BTW.

Ok, PLEASE post more info, Tamiri. I'm a'cravin a gooooood doughnut

Akeres Habayis

Post Thu, Oct 30 2008, 9:52 am
ima10 mine isn't original its from spice and spirit,and not the best.
I wouldn't dare post it,my family likes it.dh bc its homemade and didnt cost a thing.the older dd bc its cool that I make things from stratch,and the toddler...bc its got sugar!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics