Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Other special days
Sons upshernish falls out before lagbaomer....
Previous  1  2

curlytop

Post Tue, Sep 16 2008, 9:42 pm
Duh-- just read the whole thread so this year its Tuesday not Friday good to know.

Atali

Post Tue, Sep 16 2008, 9:45 pm
For all of you who are complaining about lag b'omer...

My son is turning three on erev pesach. How do you make an upsherin on erev pesach?

GAMZu

Post Tue, Sep 16 2008, 10:31 pm
My son is turning 3 Rosh Chodesh Nisan, and we are doing the upsherin on Lag Baomer because we have a minhag to do all upsherins then, regardless of when the birthday is.

So he's getting it 1 1/2 months late. My 1st got it 1 month early. If this baby will be a boy, he will get it 5 months early shock

Maybe, if it will be a boy, I can convince DH to do it on his birthday instead.

Mommy3.5

Post Tue, Sep 16 2008, 11:59 pm
My sons birthday is 11 tishri. You got day after YK. It was a Friday that year. We took him to yeshiva on Friday, cut his hair, and had a fabulous party on Sunday.

shalhevet

Post Wed, Sep 17 2008, 2:19 am
I had that three years ago. My ds was born 2nd Iyyar. I made all of Shabbos before we left, then we went to my ILs in the north of Israel for the bonfire in the evening. Friday morning we got up early and drove to kever Rabbi Akiva in Tiverya, and served drinks and cake there. Then drove back to everything ready for Shabbos.

Everyone reading this thread can relax, because LB on Friday is the same year Erev Pesach is on Shabbos which won't be for another 13 years I think.

Mrs. XYZ

Post Wed, Sep 17 2008, 2:34 am
Quote:
Everyone reading this thread can relax, because LB on Friday is the same year Erev Pesach is on Shabbos which won't be for another 13 years I think.

But OP said that her sons upsherin on lag baomer is going to come out on Friday. So when is that? Confused

Mrs. XYZ

Post Wed, Sep 17 2008, 2:37 am
Oh forget it. I just realized that she posted this this past February and the upsherin was this past year!

I wish that people would mention it when they pull up old posts!

mummy-bh

Post Wed, Sep 17 2008, 5:05 am
GAMZu wrote:
My son is turning 3 Rosh Chodesh Nisan, and we are doing the upsherin on Lag Baomer because we have a minhag to do all upsherins then, regardless of when the birthday is.

So he's getting it 1 1/2 months late. My 1st got it 1 month early. If this baby will be a boy, he will get it 5 months early shock

Maybe, if it will be a boy, I can convince DH to do it on his birthday instead.
Interesting!
Do you mean that your minhag is to cut on the closest Lag B'Omer, whether that is before or after the child's birthday?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Other special days