Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
How much will I need to save? (Furniture)
Previous  1  2

amother
Milk

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 7:46 pm
I couldn’t find a table for 16 ppl at a reasonable price that I could afford.
Instead I bought 2 tables and then put a long tablecloth. No one but me knows it’s 2 tables.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 7:48 pm
amother Milk wrote:
Instead I bought 2 tables and then put a long tablecloth. No one but me knows it’s 2 tables.

This is kind of genius actually. My only issue is that I don't have such a huge dining room, I would prefer the type with leaves stored inside.

amother
Navy

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 7:53 pm
amother Jean wrote:
I got one from Churchill a few months ago for 3k

Same, really nice looking grey/beige color on legs. Four seats and corner and another 3. Extremely comfortable and after 1.5 years I can say it’s wearing very well… it’s a super popular brand but it’s not coming to mind right now …

amother
Milk

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 8:17 pm
amother Milk wrote:

Something similar to this
https://www.wayfair.com/furnit.....piid=

amother
Peru

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 8:22 pm
amother Alyssum wrote:
These numbers are insane. Do people really spend this on furniture? Is the quality at Jewish stores actually different? Most of the stuff I see looks exactly the same as stuff you buy online from cheap stores.

I bought beds online & in a cheaper Jewish store and you cannot compare to the quality of the Jewish store. Way better. Same for other random things around my house. Anything that was cheap didn't last.

amother
Jean

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 9:03 pm
amother Navy wrote:
Same, really nice looking grey/beige color on legs. Four seats and corner and another 3. Extremely comfortable and after 1.5 years I can say it’s wearing very well… it’s a super popular brand but it’s not coming to mind right now …

Mine was a palliser

amother
Glitter

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 1:00 pm
amother Peru wrote:
I bought beds online & in a cheaper Jewish store and you cannot compare to the quality of the Jewish store. Way better. Same for other random things around my house. Anything that was cheap didn't last.

Same experience here. I do find jewish store furniture generally cater to large busy families whereas non- jewish brands are more to look pretty but not used as much.

amother
Brickred

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 2:18 pm
I actually work in Jewish furniture store and I can tell you I see pricing on the same items from non Jewish stores they defiantly have a higher markup.

amother
Aster

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 3:27 pm
A lot of people on Facebook recommended the Macy’s Radley sectional. They say you have to go in person to choose the right color/material because there are a lot more options in person. I haven’t bought it myself so I can’t vouch for it.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics