Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
"Jewish" furniture?

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 9:11 pm
This is a s/o of the furniture thread
What does Jewish furniture even mean? How would it be different? Can someone please explain?

amother
Lightcyan

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 9:15 pm
It's furniture sold by a Jewish store. Same as Jewish clothes..aome people say it's better quality, and it definitely comes with a higher price tag.

amother
Forsythia

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 9:16 pm
2 beds in the master bedroom, dining room table big enough for a large family, enforced bookshelves for heavy safarim, curios for a lot silver…

amother
Heather

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 9:17 pm
Jewish stores do make bed sizes that don't exist in regular stores so that you can find a way to fit 2 beds even with a tough bedroom configuration. Other than that, I don't think there's a difference other than in the price tag.

amother
Calendula

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 9:50 pm
you also get Jewish customer service, they know what the Jews like already and what they need etc

amother
Hunter

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 2:54 am
Price tag.

Often it is similar furniture marketed differently.

There may be some differences like odd size beds. But then you are stuck buying linen from frum stores.

amother
Pink

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 3:01 am
amother Forsythia wrote:
enforced bookshelves

REinforced 😀

Enforced means people are buying them against their will!

amother
Honey

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 7:00 am
I think a big difference is in style. When I was shopping for furniture a few years ago, I went to many standard furniture stores. The style of the furniture was SO casual, rustic and farmhouse-y. I had a really hard time finding a dining room set that had more than 4 chairs and a bench. (What's with the bench?! Who wants to sit on that?) Many were super strange bar height sets. Couches were most often fabric, in light colors of course, rather than leather. And good luck finding a solid bookshelf that will actually hold heavy books without shelves sagging. The style overall was not what I was used to or looking for. And I say this as an OOTer not super exposed to "in style" things.

lamplighter

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 7:39 am
Jewish stores have furniture that are more suited to a Jewish lifestyle. Strong bookcases that are built to handle big gemarahs. Tables that can seat 12+ seats. It is practically impossible to find these things in the regular furniture stores.
Couches and beds don't have to be bought in a Jewish store.

Ruchel

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 7:49 am
Clothes in Jewish ships are better quality? Not those that are from China

amother
Zinnia

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 10:02 am
Furniture sold in jewish stores, are generally better quality, hence the bigger price tag. They last for many years. We own Furniture from jewish stores, as well as from regular stores, and the difference in quality is remarkable. Cannot be compared.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics