Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Craving a warm hot drink

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 6:06 am
I could really use a yummy hot drink but I have no coffee machine or any fancy equipment.
Can anyone share their go to warm comfort drink ?

zaq

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 7:32 am
Specify. There are many hot beverages, ranging from plain hot water to water with lemon and honey (hot lemonade) to herbal tea to black tea to coffee in its many forms from black to cappuccino to hot milk and honey to cocoa with or without milk with or without whipped cream and marshmallows to hot tomato juice with Worcestershire sauce to vegetable broth to chicken soup...none of these needs any equipment beyond a mug to hold the liquid, something with which to heat it (a microwave oven, immersion heater or a pot on the stove will do), and a spoon to stir it.

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 7:36 am
Coffee or hot cocoa

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 7:45 am
Castle kitchen hot chocolate

amother
Celeste

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 7:47 am
Dandy blend
https://www.iherb.com/pr/dandy.....w_wcB

Iymnok

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 7:48 am
Hot apple cider

Sunny Days

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 10:16 am
zaq wrote:
Specify. There are many hot beverages, ranging from plain hot water to water with lemon and honey (hot lemonade) to herbal tea to black tea to coffee in its many forms from black to cappuccino to hot milk and honey to cocoa with or without milk with or without whipped cream and marshmallows to hot tomato juice with Worcestershire sauce to vegetable broth to chicken soup...none of these needs any equipment beyond a mug to hold the liquid, something with which to heat it (a microwave oven, immersion heater or a pot on the stove will do), and a spoon to stir it.

I’ll have the worchestshire sauce with whipped cream and marshmallows 🍺
Thank you LOL

amother
Bergamot

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 10:38 am
My favorite is Earl Grey tea with some milk and sugar. No, I'm not British Smile

Comptroller

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 10:58 am
I like instant coffee with milk.
Chai with milk.
black tea with milk.

and when I can't have milk any other type of tea.
And ginger brewed up with hot water and mint.

patzer

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 11:04 am
Sunny Days wrote:
I’ll have the worchestshire sauce with whipped cream and marshmallows 🍺
Thank you LOL

I've been waiting a while to use this, so here it is:
Puke

Ruchel

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 11:04 am
Hot chocolate
Milk with orange flower

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 11:20 am
zaq wrote:

I'm thinking like a cappuccino or moccacino
But it never comes out good when I make it.

zaq

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 12:33 pm
You can find shmillions of recipes online. Keep trying till you find one you like. The thing is, the coffee has to be good. You can't make good cappuccino with crummy coffee.

Here's a recipe: https://www.tasteofhome.com/re.....cino/ This recipe calls for brewing in a drip coffeemaker, but you could use any other kind of coffeemaker or make pour-over using a funnel and filter paper. You could also use instant coffee if there's a kind you really like.

Whole milk works and tastes best because of the fat content, but you could use lowfat or skim. It'll just take longer to whisk it into foam. For mochaccino, add a spurt of chocolate syrup to the coffee before adding the foamy milk.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics