Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Toddler sleeps like a newborn

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 10:25 am
He turned two a few months ago and literally doesn’t let me sleep. He wakes up during the night, doesn’t go back to sleep unless I give him a bottle. His morning starts at six am the latest, sometimes earlier. I am not functioning, I feel like I have a newborn but don’t know how to break this cycle. I can’t let him cry because he will wake my other kids, and dh gives up and goes to him. Wishing for help...

giftedmom

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 11:20 am
Just give him a bottle what’s the issue?

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 8:30 pm
THE issue is that I need my normal uninterrupted nights! I simply can not function. Waking up at about one or so to give a bottle and then at six for the day is simply not manageable for me. When I have a newborn I deal somehow or other but I should be long past that stage!

amother
Tan

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 8:32 pm
Can you give him bottle in crib at beginning of night?
What time does he get up?
My 2 years olds didn’t usually need to drink in middle of the night

amother
Bluebell

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 8:34 pm
Leave a sippy with water in his crib and tell him he can drink from it. It might be worth letting him cry for a few nights to end this bad habit. Don't give him anything other than leaving the water sippy and tell him over and over it's sleep time now. He's 2 you can start explaining things to him. During the day you say when the sun goes to sleep we go to sleep, we can't drink at night etc.. say it over and over they understand so much more than we give them credit for.

amother
Oak

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 8:35 pm
Get your other kids a sound machine to use and let him learn to fall back asleep on his own.

amother
Marigold

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 9:40 pm
He’s 2. They have pretty bad sleep regressions at two. He will sleep at 3!

esther7

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 9:53 pm
When my 2 yr old did this, I spoke with a sleep consultant and needed to tweak his nap times. Made a huge difference. Didn't fix everything, but was a big step in the right direction. Maybe consider his day sleep and see if anything needs altering
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics