Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Toddler keeps scraping knees/ toes in

cookiewriter

Post Sat, May 18 2024, 11:09 pm
Hi all. My son is 25 months old. He toes in. I went to a top orthopedist (Dr karamitopolous) and she said he’ll outgrow it eventually and nothing to do.
In meantime he falls a lot. He doesn’t care but now in the summer in shorts he keeps scraping his knees! Three times just this week alone.
Is there anything to do? Should I just put long pants on him? Or knee guards?

amother
Dill

Post Sat, May 18 2024, 11:35 pm
cookiewriter wrote:
Hi all. My son is 25 months old. He toes in. I went to a top orthopedist (Dr karamitopolous) and she said he’ll outgrow it eventually and nothing to do.
In meantime he falls a lot. He doesn’t care but now in the summer in shorts he keeps scraping his knees! Three times just this week alone.
Is there anything to do? Should I just put long pants on him? Or knee guards?
Yes long pants. Whenever my kids are the age that fall a lot I put on long pants.
I don't know why everyone else's toddlers are in shorts , they all have scraped knees.

bsy

Post Sat, May 18 2024, 11:54 pm
Yes or 3/4 leggings that cover the knees

amother
Orange

Post Sun, May 19 2024, 12:30 am
I bought my kid shoes at Tescher's and they sent the shoe out to a shoe maker that added a little wedge under the soles to support her feet in a better position so she shouldn't toe in and trip so much. It helped a lot. Also, a chiropractor or craniosacral therapist can help them outgrow the toeing in a little sooner.

amother
Honey

Post Sun, May 19 2024, 12:34 am
Long pants and closed toe

cookiewriter

Post Sun, May 19 2024, 1:07 am
Which teschers store? Brooklyn? Monsey?

Brit in Israel

Post Sun, May 19 2024, 4:14 am
Check his eyes!!!!!

DD was falling alot. When I mentioned it to pediatrician he said to check her eyes. I thought he was strange for saying it but I did anyways.
Her sighting was +4!!!!!!!

oneofakind

Post Sun, May 19 2024, 7:57 am
Friend's DS ( older) had same thing and went to Tescher ( Lakewood) and he was roller blading the next day. Pediatrician had said nothing could be done.

amother
Orange

Post Sun, May 19 2024, 9:14 am
cookiewriter wrote:
Which teschers store? Brooklyn? Monsey?

Lakewood

erm

Post Sun, May 19 2024, 9:24 am
My kids wore jeans even in the summer so their knees were protected

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, May 19 2024, 9:28 am
I think all teshers shoe stores specialize in that.

I remember a kid coming in after a stress fracture from bad shoes while I was there getting fit for a kid.
The guy was busy educating the mom about her son's foot type and fitting him good shoes. I watched a the boy literally was tearing up saying he's never felt comfortable in shoes until now!
That was the monsey store quiet a few years ago.
Teshers anywhere is amazing.

Check eyesight as others have said, and def find 3/4 or long leggings.

My kid also likes shorts. She's 24 months. She falls and scrapes her knees on average every other day now. Indoors it doesn't happen but she's atill learning to walk in tree roots and other bumpy outdoor spaces.
She still always wants shorts even if the weather is 60 she will take off her pants and put on one of the 2 pairs of shorts she has!
It's hard to find long leggings/pants in stores now. But it's doable. Long Sleeve on the other hand is impossible!!! (Unless you pay local prime price $35 a piece 😳)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics