Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Vacation with husband and 5 months old baby

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 10:26 pm
I’m looking to go away with my husband for a few days with my baby. For my husband good food is a priority and for me a nice scenic place. Any suggestions? Wiling to fly too. We live in New York. I’m looking to relax since my life is so busy..

amother
Strawberry

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 10:35 pm
Obvious answer is south Florida

KailaR

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 12:01 am
Cancun
Panama
Italy

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 5:38 am
Thank you! I know Florida is easiet and closest just bored of it since I was there several times but might end up there. Was looking into other suggestions.

amother
Camellia

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 5:44 am
Deal is convenient for kosher minyan and a shorter drive, FL has everything and the weather/ chilled environment, CA has stunning hotels, that Terra winery in sounds amazing!

https://tierrasuratherzog.com/

Or explore another state if you’re more adventurous and can manage without food, set minyanim

amother
Dustypink

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 5:45 am
Went to Italy when my first was this age. They love babies there, my husband loved the vacation, all I remember of it is constantly changing diapers since he just outgrew the size and was having constant blowouts and I either couldn't find or didn't want to pay for expensive diapers
Lol but the food was amazing. The Donna wasn't great on the cobblestone but I didn't babywear

amother
Purple

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 5:47 am
amother Dustypink wrote:
Went to Italy when my first was this age. They love babies there, my husband loved the vacation, all I remember of it is constantly changing diapers since he just outgrew the size and was having constant blowouts and I either couldn't find or didn't want to pay for expensive diapers
Lol but the food was amazing. The Donna wasn't great on the cobblestone but I didn't babywear

Where in Italy did you go?

amother
Garnet

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 5:53 am
We did Panama recently with a 4 month old, food was amazing!!! We stayed in the city Nd took day trips to beaches etc. Loved it!

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 6:12 am
All the travel suggestions sound nice, but my suggestion is one that I hope will make this a nice trip. Wherever you go, you need space where the baby will sleep without seeing you. Also, take into consideration what you will do when the baby is asleep and you and dh are up. Will that impact mealtime? Does your baby stay up late? My dh and I took our then 7 month old on his business trip and our daughter had a crib in a living room area where she happily slept . 10 months later, we took her on a Pesach program where we all shared a room and it was a disaster. We have been to Italy many times and the food and things to see are wonderful. Italians love babies. Rome and Florence would work. Skip Venice. Stroller would be very difficult to negotiate over numerous bridges and canals. Personally, I would avoid a time change(assuming you’re on the US East Coast) at this age and do Arizona, Vermont, Charleston, Boston. Montreal is very nice and has great kosher food.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 9:35 pm
amother Garnet wrote:
We did Panama recently with a 4 month old, food was amazing!!! We stayed in the city Nd took day trips to beaches etc. Loved it!

Thanks! I was actually thinking about Panama cuz of the food situation. It seems super convenient. Heard it’s cheap too. My baby is 4 months old now too. Maybe it’s a coincidence I should try Panama.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 9:38 pm
amother Coffee wrote:
All the travel suggestions sound nice, but my suggestion is one that I hope will make this a nice trip. Wherever you go, you need space where the baby will sleep without seeing you. Also, take into consideration what you will do when the baby is asleep and you and dh are up. Will that impact mealtime? Does your baby stay up late? My dh and I took our then 7 month old on his business trip and our daughter had a crib in a living room area where she happily slept . 10 months later, we took her on a Pesach program where we all shared a room and it was a disaster. We have been to Italy many times and the food and things to see are wonderful. Italians love babies. Rome and Florence would work. Skip Venice. Stroller would be very difficult to negotiate over numerous bridges and canals. Personally, I would avoid a time change(assuming you’re on the US East Coast) at this age and do Arizona, Vermont, Charleston, Boston. Montreal is very nice and has great kosher food.

Thank you!! Very helpful information.

amother
Aconite

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 2:25 am
amother OP wrote:
Thanks! I was actually thinking about Panama cuz of the food situation. It seems super convenient. Heard it’s cheap too. My baby is 4 months old now too. Maybe it’s a coincidence I should try Panama.

Just putting this out there, but I really don't know. Do people worry about sand flies there? Or is that only in the jungle?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics