Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Gf pesach food ideas for picky eaters

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 4:26 am
Little kid is a celiac and very picky. Besides for eggs, yogurt, crackers with cheese or meat/chicken.
I think he needs a starchy bread substitute but I just don't know what. During the year he has Molino rolls. I'm losing my mind because he's constantly complaining he's hungry but not interested in anything I'm offering. Any ideas?

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 4:30 am
amother OP wrote:
Little kid is a celiac and very picky. Besides for eggs, yogurt, crackers with cheese or meat/chicken.
I think he needs a starchy bread substitute but I just don't know what. During the year he has Molino rolls. I'm losing my mind because he's constantly complaining he's hungry but not interested in anything I'm offering. Any ideas?

They have awesome kfp pizza. Just had some tonight.

KFP pasta, mixed with cheese for protein is good too.

Matzo brie (if you dont eat gebrochst, you can try getting a heter just for your son and buy a separate pan/utensils) , matza pizza...

Does he like barbecue style foods? Can buy a cheap grill and throw some hotdogs on...

Bnei Berak 10

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 4:42 am
No solutions for you but it would be smart to get him used to more foods (not now on Pesach!) during the year. There are many methods. One is to get picky kids to be involved in food preparation.

teachkids

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 5:50 am
He won’t eat any of the gf matzah or crackers?
I make cassava crackers using the recipe on the Ottos website- I find it also makes a good pizza crust.

Comptroller

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 6:19 am
Manioc. A long root with brown peel, white on the inside.
You treat it like potatoes: peel, dice, cook swimming in water (it's important to cook long enough).

Then you can make patties: cook, crush, make patties, fry in oil.
Those patties have a sweet taste, you can eat them hot or cold.

I also do all kinds of omeletts: with thuna (very filling: one can of tuna, one egg, salt, pepper), with broccoli, with zucchini, with mushrooms, with potatoes, etc.

But as ageneral rule: if he is picky, now, in this situation, I would give him what he eats, does not have to be too varied for one week.

ganmama

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 7:00 am
Would he eat a potato based “roll”?
There are many Pesach roll recipes that aren’t gebrokts, and thus with proper ingredient screening would be celiac friendly.

You can also make you own crackers (if you use potato starch or almond flour).

Pesach is hard with picky eaters, and even harder with extra food restrictions. You can do it mama!

https://koshereveryday.com/potato-buns/
https://www.kosher.com/recipe/.....10794
https://jamiegeller.com/recipe.....atzo/
ETA: recipes
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics