Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Tell me how you make Yuntiv eye makeup LAST
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 6:03 am
Please share all your tips to really keep eye makeup on over Yuntiv!!! In terms of application

amother
Whitewash

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 6:28 am
Looking for tips too.

m-u-a-mama

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 7:49 am
Use a rlly good primer like the morphe eye primer

Stick to matte shadow

Use an excellent waterproof liner and mascara
I like mac liquid long last liner (use your own brush not the one it comes with) and too faced better then relations waterproof mascara (green)

Spray with a good setting spray I like ultra brand

And most impt sleep on your back and don’t touch your eyes

Ruchel

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 7:50 am
During sleep you'll move and touch... It will leak and you might get infection. Never again. Btdt. I used to use the eye line techouva by elite

Aurora

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 8:00 am
OP, you do risk an eye infection. Those are miserable.

I would either (a) ask a rabbi for a heter or (b) just suck it up.

I rely on specific leniencies, but I'm not sure those work in your community.

care4u

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 8:21 am
I never got an eye infection and my makeup lasts for 2 days.
As per Gitty berger:
I use a primer (or foundation) on eye. Put bronzer in eyelid crease w/ brush, gently. Apply shadow with fingers, not brush. I like to do a two-tone so I do the bottom layer with my fingers and the second color on the outer side with a thin brush and then I blend with my fingers and another layer of the bottom color.
Apply upper lid liner ( I use a random brand from Amazon).

After you do the rest of your face, spray w/ setting spray, making sure it hits your eyes and leave your Lids closed for a few seconds to make sure it dries. She recommends morphe.

In general she says that you should always make sure to put on a good primer first and then do liquid makeup followed by powder. On YT I do Foundation blush and bronzer which I don't use for everyday.

So I do liquid foundation, cream bronzer
cream blush, powder foundation, powder bronzer, powder blush, blending bet each item.

After that I do the setting spray and I find that everything stays gorgeously.

amother
Crocus

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 9:03 am
when I sleep, I make sure that my face never touches the pillow. I either lay on my back, or on my side, with my head resting on my hand (hand is by my ear). I have been doing this for years and my makeup always stays on amazing.

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 4:49 am
amother Crocus wrote:
when I sleep, I make sure that my face never touches the pillow. I either lay on my back, or on my side, with my head resting on my hand (hand is by my ear). I have been doing this for years and my makeup always stays on amazing.

Ha I'm sure it does but my sleep is more important, so I put something over my pillow case, like slip material, and sleep like usual.

amother
Azalea

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 5:00 am
Waterproof eye makeup sealer. Makeup Forever is known for it but I use the shopmissa dupe

ganmama

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 5:03 am
I found that the eye primer from ELF was the most effective (and pretty cheap too). I used this and then did my eye makeup like normal (use a liquid liner), and sprayed with setting spray.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 5:48 am
m-u-a-mama wrote:
Use a rlly good primer like the morphe eye primer

Stick to matte shadow

Use an excellent waterproof liner and mascara
I like mac liquid long last liner (use your own brush not the one it comes with) and too faced better then relations waterproof mascara (green)

Spray with a good setting spray I like ultra brand

And most impt sleep on your back and don’t touch your eyes

What is your opinion about cream eye shadow? I've heard they should stay on every well but needs to be applied quickly?
TIA! Flower

honey bunny

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 5:49 am
The only eyeliner that stays and doesn't drip is shein liquid liner

amother
Whitewash

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 6:00 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
What is your opinion about cream eye shadow? I've heard they should stay on every well but needs to be applied quickly?
TIA! Flower

I find it comes off quicker. Especially many times I obviously rub my eyes only when I have eyeshadow!

ThisMom

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 8:07 pm
I’d also like to know
I got all the brands - gade liner, Mac paint pot primer, urban decay setting spray but my liner still didn’t last 2 nights
Wings were off by shabbos morning!

hodeez

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 8:18 pm
Apply a thick layer of powder right under the wing to prevent it leaking

amother
DarkPurple

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 8:22 pm
amother Azalea wrote:
Waterproof eye makeup sealer. Makeup Forever is known for it but I use the shopmissa dupe
Is this it? https://www.makeupforever.com/......html
how do you use it? before or after eye makeup and how do you apply?

samo

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 8:33 pm
I feel so icky without washing the makeup off of my face in the morning. Generally on shabbos after washing with a light cleanser I use an oil-like hylouronic acid and then a liquid spray moisturizer . While I’d love to be made up all YT long, if I didn’t do this I’d break out. RE eyeliner, liquid MAC is amazing but if I leave it on longer than a day my eyes get all puffy and uncomfortable . Lucky you all who get to keep makeup on your face and not risk your complexion!

Last edited by samo on Thu, Apr 25 2024, 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Queen Of Hearts

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 8:44 pm
I do my eye makeup the same as usual maybe a drop heavier on the msascara. No waterproof products. And it lasts me all YT. I do sleep on a slip over my pillowcase for hygiene purposes but dunno if maybe helps makeup stay on too.

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 9:59 pm
I do:

1. Concealer then Primer
2. Pat McGrath intensifeyes stick
3. Pat McGrath eyeshadow (pat with finger)
4. Chanel liquid liner
4. Setting spray

It stays on perfectly for 3 days, literally. I just have to be careful not to rub my eyes in my sleep, which took some practice

DrMom

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 10:09 pm
Reading this thread makes me want to wash my face.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics