Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Is it just me or lace tops still look wiggy?
Previous  1  2

Ruchel

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 5:17 pm
My non Jewish hairdresser couldn't tell. No lace 'synthetic

chestnut

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 6:24 pm
amother DarkMagenta wrote:
The hair is stick straight parted in the middle.

This is a dead giveaway lol
Why can't they all be styled at least a bit differently? Ok, some are wavy or curly, but still.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 6:38 pm
If they really want it to look natural, they should put in some thinning spots, frizz, dandruff, limpness... Very Happy

amother
Rainbow

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 6:43 pm
amother DarkOrange wrote:
If they really want it to look natural, they should put in some thinning spots, frizz, dandruff, limpness... Very Happy

Lol, I agree. I think what gives any wig away as being a wig is the unnatural perfection. How many people do you know irl who's hair would be that perfectly curled and styled?

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 7:17 pm
chestnut wrote:
This is a dead giveaway lol
Why can't they all be styled at least a bit differently? Ok, some are wavy or curly, but still.

Oily too. One of the ladies I knew had oily hair as a girl and it looks just like her hair you can’t tell the difference.

amother
NeonYellow

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 7:47 pm
If I'm not sure I can usually tell from the back of the wig

I

amother
Pear

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 8:08 pm
amother Pink wrote:
Am I the only one who can almost always tell it’s a wig besides for if it’s a topper or partial wig?
Yes some look way better but they never look like hair to me

Can I ask what age range the ones who can’t tell are?
Maybe I’m too young for this conversation LOL

In in my30s

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 8:09 pm
they look wiggy because they are wigs!!!

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 8:10 pm
Rappel wrote:
I get very confused when I see a kollel man, with children, walking next to a very attractive, religious woman whom isn't covering her hair.

I blink, and rethink: logically, she must be covering her hair. But no one would know by looking at her.

I'll be honest, I feel a little embarrassed when I see something like that. It's a bit like seeing someone's underclothes, yet I can't tell them.

Rappel, you are one brave woman.
I would never even whisper to anyone what you just said in that last sentence, but I’m glad you said it so I can finally stop wondering if it’s only me.
Also agree with the ima who said women in their 50’s and 60’s shouldn’t wear one unless they have the best dermatologist give them injections and procedures that make their face look 25. It has to be the best cosmetic dermatologist because the cheap operators leave you looking ghastly like a creature out of a horror flick.

amother
Denim

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 7:12 pm
I wear a very frizzy , messy wig and Im often asked if Im wearing a wig bc it's not styled at all. I actually hate styled wigs thats why I buy naturally air dried.

Also Im almost 50 with a fuller face and trust me I look way better in a lace top than I did in my wiggy skin top wigs.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels