Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Is it just me or lace tops still look wiggy?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 3:52 pm
I feel like lace top wigs are sold as looking super natural-I have a lace top. But I really don’t think it looks so natural. It was fitted to perfection. It was lined and the hairline done very well. It’s from a good brand. But to me it still looks wiggy, and so do most lace top wigs. They are more flat sure but the lace almost always shows to some degree and to me it still looks like a wig. That doesn’t mean that they aren’t great wigs. I like the light weight of them. But I just think they still don’t look like natural hair. Pretty much nothing does, except maybe a topper/Kippa fall but I never tried one. Even on Instagram, the whole “can’t tell it’s a wig” never sold me. But I do see the new Eva and Chloe super flat non lace and to me that looks almost like no wig. Is it just me?

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 4:12 pm
Lace tops don’t look wiggy at all.

I can’t tell you how many times I mistook people for not covering their hair and only super close up you can see it’s a lace top.

Rappel

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 4:19 pm
I get very confused when I see a kollel man, with children, walking next to a very attractive, religious woman whom isn't covering her hair.

I blink, and rethink: logically, she must be covering her hair. But no one would know by looking at her.

I'll be honest, I feel a little embarrassed when I see something like that. It's a bit like seeing someone's underclothes, yet I can't tell them.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 4:20 pm
Rappel wrote:
I get very confused when I see a kollel man, with children, walking next to a very attractive, religious woman whom isn't covering her hair.

I blink, and rethink: logically, she must be covering her hair. But no one would know by looking at her.

I'll be honest, I feel a little embarrassed when I see something like that. It's a bit like seeing someone's underclothes, yet I can't tell them.

At least I’m not the only one who sees this.

amother
Blueberry

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 4:24 pm
I'm with Rappel. It took me a while to realize the women who otherwise dress like frum women and appear to be married had their hair covered. Even today when I am aware of lace top wigs I only know someone is wearing one because it doesn't make sense that she is walking around with her hair uncovered. (Unless I am face to face with her and the lace is showing, but usually it is not.)

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 4:25 pm
amother Blueberry wrote:
I'm with Rappel. It took me a while to realize the women who otherwise dress like frum women and appear to be married had their hair covered. Even today when I am aware of lace top wigs I only know someone is wearing one because it doesn't make sense that she is walking around with her hair uncovered. (Unless I am face to face with her and the lace is showing, but usually it is not.)

Same.

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 4:26 pm
The back of the hair tells it all

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 4:27 pm
Am I the only one who can almost always tell it’s a wig besides for if it’s a topper or partial wig?
Yes some look way better but they never look like hair to me

Can I ask what age range the ones who can’t tell are?
Maybe I’m too young for this conversation LOL

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 4:27 pm
amother Amethyst wrote:
The back of the hair tells it all

Not always. I’ve seen laces tops that look so natural it’s crazy.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 4:28 pm
amother Pink wrote:
Am I the only one who can almost always tell it’s a wig besides for if it’s a topper or partial wig?

I’m in my upper 20s.

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 4:32 pm
amother OP wrote:
I feel like lace top wigs are sold as looking super natural-I have a lace top. But I really don’t think it looks so natural. It was fitted to perfection. It was lined and the hairline done very well. It’s from a good brand. But to me it still looks wiggy, and so do most lace top wigs. They are more flat sure but the lace almost always shows to some degree and to me it still looks like a wig. That doesn’t mean that they aren’t great wigs. I like the light weight of them. But I just think they still don’t look like natural hair. Pretty much nothing does, except maybe a topper/Kippa fall but I never tried one. Even on Instagram, the whole “can’t tell it’s a wig” never sold me. But I do see the new Eva and Chloe super flat non lace and to me that looks almost like no wig. Is it just me?

It’s not just you. Compared to skin top, lace top wigs look more natural but as soon as you start seeing them around, they’re just as obviously wigs as the others.

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 4:36 pm
I can tell most of the time. The hair looks too good to be natural. I am sure the very expensive ones it's harder to tell. I dont think it works for everyone though.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 4:37 pm
amother Pink wrote:

Im in my lower 30s and to me it’s always obvious!!!

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 4:38 pm
amother Pink wrote:

I’m in my upper 30’s and they look like wigs to me.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 4:38 pm
amother Lilac wrote:
I can tell most of the time. The hair looks too good to be natural. I am sure the very expensive ones it's harder to tell. I dont think it works for everyone though.

I think you need to be under 40 and have a thinner face for a lace top.
I have a regular face and refuse a lace top for tznuis reasons.

I’ve seen woman in their 60s and 50s with a lace top and they don’t look good in it. Especially the ones with fuller faces.

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 4:39 pm
I’m in my low 20s

amother
DarkOrange

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 4:45 pm
I only know it's a wig because the hair looks too perfect for work or shopping.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 4:58 pm
amother DarkMagenta wrote:
Lace tops don’t look wiggy at all.

I can’t tell you how many times I mistook people for not covering their hair and only super close up you can see it’s a lace top.

The hair is stick straight parted in the middle.

amother
Watermelon

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 5:03 pm
I can always tell. I'm 27

amother
DarkViolet

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 5:13 pm
I can always tell and I’m usually the oblivious type when it comes to these things so that’s saying something. I’m in my mid twenties.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels