Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Who typically pays for phone service for teen cell phone?
Previous  1  2

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 11:20 am
amother Anemone wrote:
Wow great price
I paid for my own phone as a teen since my parents couldn’t afford and the cheapest plan was 20 a month

I don't know how old you are, not prices have gone down in the past 20 years, or for the same price they keep adding more...

My first kid to get a phone was 4 years ago and I paid $9/month but it was limited minutes, maybe 100, and 500 texts, but it was ok since it was just for travel. But then corona hit and he actually needed to use the phone for shiur! Now for that price, I can get unlimited minutes and texts and they upgraded data to be 1GB which is way overkill for our kosher phones...

amother
Ecru

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 11:50 am
My parents pay for mine (married 7 yrs,). I feel bad though cuz they don't have money so I'm going to start paying. (Some months I pay for the whole plan because my mother is on a different one and doesn't always realize when it needs to be paid and I don't have time to wait).

amother
Oldlace

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 12:00 pm
My parents paid for mine, dh’s parents paid for his. My parents still have all the married kids on their family plan and I’m married well over a decade, dh was on his parents for a while but they asked all the married kids to get their own plan at some point.

amother
PlumPink

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 12:34 pm
I’ll be the dissenting voice. I paid for my own phone bill my entire life starting 11th grade, was in a regular BY. It was something around $25/month and my mother bought me the actual phone as a gift. I babysat occasionally and worked in the summer it’s a very doable expense for most teens. I think it’s good to train kids in financial responsibility, have them earn their own money and decide how to spend it. The only things I used my personal money for a teen were my phone bill and random coffees and pizza and trip expenses when I hung out with friends. My parents could definitely afford my phone bill but felt like it was an extra that I should pay for myself.

amother
Cinnamon

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 2:54 pm
We pay but we have an agreement. We pay, we filter.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children