Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Who typically pays for phone service for teen cell phone?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 9:34 am
Do the parents usually pay or the child?

yeshivish circles, if tht makes a diff

amother
Opal

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 9:35 am
Yes afaik. Is the teen working?

chestnut

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 9:36 am
Define teen. If still in school, yes, parents typically just add them on to their plan, unless there are extenuating circumstances (can't afford financially, etc)

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 9:48 am
Parents

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 9:50 am
I pay, but we do like $9/month

flowerpower

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 9:50 am
Parents

amother
Wheat

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 9:51 am
Parents
And I venture to say most people stay on their parents plans for most of their life lol. My kids in their 20 and 30s are still on our family plan. I think most people just stay that way. It’s cheaper to have a family plan for everyone to get their own individual.
Tomatoes 🍅?

Chayalle

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 9:54 am
I think it depends on the teen's ability to earn money and pay for it.
My adult DD's are on my plan (it's cheaper that way) but they pay for their own phone/service.

amother
Kiwi

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 9:54 am
I will happily pay as long as its within our agreed upon guidelines... even beyond marriage be"h!!

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 9:57 am
Right now we pay.
Its 30₪ a month so no big deal, but once she starts working, she will pay.

amother
Apricot

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 9:59 am
DD is 23 and B”H a Kallah. She makes more than I do. She is on our plan. She will probably stay on it until something changes (like they make Aliya or my phone plan changes).

That being said, I am in a situation where B”H I can afford it. I was also raised with parents and grandparents who fell over themselves to be helpful and generous to me and to each other. We are simple people of modest means who wear Carter’s and eat chicken on the bone and whatever is on sale, but we take care of eachother.

If it was something I don’t condone or want her to have, that would be a different story. But her cellphone is for me as well. I want to be able to reach her and have her have the ability to use one as it can also be a safety/helpful with directions….sort of things.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 10:06 am
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
I pay, but we do like $9/month

Through what carrier/service?
I'm new to this.

amother
Tanzanite

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 10:21 am
Pre bein hazmanim started some new plans for $6 a month. Teen set it up with my approval and my knowledge of all details on my account with my cc I ordered the phones and he did the leg work .

amother
Canary

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 10:22 am
If I could afford it I would pay for my kids. My parents couldn't afford it so I paid my own. Dhs parents stopped paying when we got married.

amother
Daylily

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 10:25 am
amother Wheat wrote:
Parents
And I venture to say most people stay on their parents plans for most of their life lol. My kids in their 20 and 30s are still on our family plan. I think most people just stay that way. It’s cheaper to have a family plan for everyone to get their own individual.
Tomatoes 🍅?

Yup. I’m 31 and my parents still pay for my plan, and all my siblings. I’m very grateful!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 10:27 am
amother Tanzanite wrote:
Pre bein hazmanim started some new plans for $6 a month. Teen set it up with my approval and my knowledge of all details on my account with my cc I ordered the phones and he did the leg work .

Can you share where you get a plan for $6/month?
ty

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 10:31 am
Hello mobile is cheapest I think for no data
I use $9 tello mobile plan for my daughter who wants mms/group texts and needs a drop of data to support that

amother
Anemone

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 11:01 am
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Hello mobile is cheapest I think for no data
I use $9 tello mobile plan for my daughter who wants mms/group texts and needs a drop of data to support that

Wow great price
I paid for my own phone as a teen since my parents couldn’t afford and the cheapest plan was 20 a month

amother
Aster

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 11:04 am
My parents paid all the time for my phone as teen and for the first 2 years after wedding.
there policy is as long as you have a kosher phone then they pay

amother
Poppy

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 11:12 am
My parents paid for mine while I was living at home. I wasn't on their plan so my father took his CC off after my wedding and I put mine on.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children