Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
What is up with these Erev Pesach concerts?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 12:01 am
I saw at least three concerts advertised for tonight. Who has time for a concert two days to Pesach? Do kids in today’s generation not help out at home? Do husbands have nothing to do aside from spending the night at a concert? Genuinely curious why one would put on a concert now. Wondering if it was full…

cnc

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 12:06 am
I think because there's a Shabbos Chol Hamoed this year which cuts out the days that there are usually concerts so they're trying their luck to do it before.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 12:30 am
And it's bein hazmanim. Bachurim are bored

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 12:51 am
amother Aquamarine wrote:

My bochur isn't bored. He's making a killing cleaning cars. He knows that I'm happy for him that he's being industrious but he's still expected to pull a reasonable amount of weight at home.

My friend's bochur isn't bored. He organized a catered supper for boys to come learn at a local shul. I'm assuming they're doing some combination of learning and chilling but they're busy and I assume they're lining cabinets or something when they get home.

amother
Firebrick

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 3:49 am
amother Aquamarine wrote:

Bored? They cant help? Can't Believe It

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 6:25 am
amother Bluebonnet wrote:
My bochur isn't bored. He's making a killing cleaning cars. He knows that I'm happy for him that he's being industrious but he's still expected to pull a reasonable amount of weight at home.

My friend's bochur isn't bored. He organized a catered supper for boys to come learn at a local shul. I'm assuming they're doing some combination of learning and chilling but they're busy and I assume they're lining cabinets or something when they get home.

Bh, bh!!! You can be proud of your bachur.
Do you think all bachurim should clean cars?
Not every bochur can be an entrepreneur.
Maybe those bachurim worked all day and need a kosher outlet for a few hours tonight.
Maybe they learnt all day, maybe they ran errands for their mother all day....
Going to a concert is the most kosher fun a boy can enjoy in this day and age. You know where your bachur, what he's doing and who he's with....what more can we ask for? Wink
I'm very happy for all the bachurim that were able to go and I wish your bachur would have used some of his hard earned money to relax for a few hours in good company!

allthingsblue

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 7:31 am
I assume it’s bec the boys have off for so long

And the singers need to make a living too.

I am not interested in before yt concerts myself nor am I interested in the all girls concerts on random nights but obviously some people are

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 10:29 am
amother Oxfordblue wrote:
Bh, bh!!! You can be proud of your bachur.
Do you think all bachurim should clean cars?
Not every bochur can be an entrepreneur.
Maybe those bachurim worked all day and need a kosher outlet for a few hours tonight.
Maybe they learnt all day, maybe they ran errands for their mother all day....
Going to a concert is the most kosher fun a boy can enjoy in this day and age. You know where your bachur, what he's doing and who he's with....what more can we ask for? Wink
I'm very happy for all the bachurim that were able to go and I wish your bachur would have used some of his hard earned money to relax for a few hours in good company!

Don't know if all bachurim should clean cars but yes I do think all kids should learn how to be productive and busy and not bored.

But I do see your point about it being decent downtime at the end of a busy day and I stand corrected. My bochur did relax at the end of the day, by shmoozing with some friends who were back from an out of town school and saving his money for larger things in the future. But I validate the other options.

amother
Lemonlime

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 12:14 pm
An incredible friend of mine always operated as if Pesach started the day before. Her seder table was already set the night of bedikas chometz, and erev Pesach she'd go to a museum or a park. I always admired that but haven't been able to figure out how to manage it myself.

zaq

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 12:33 pm
To each her own. Why does it matter to you what other people do? Are they forcing you to attend? Those in favor, go, and those opposed, stay away. I don't have the leisure to attend public entertainments right before Pesach, but if someone does, what's it to me?

amother
Crystal

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 12:36 pm
Maybe to be dlcz, I'd assume some helped turn over, & it's a break/reward while Ima cooks

I appreciate the help of my family greatly, but also thrive on time to cook by myself. We all need breaks.

No doubt there are family's who children unfortunately don't help, but hopefully not the norm & here's another perspective
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics