Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
The Beckman’s - Ami Serial
  Previous  1  2  3 44  45  46  Next

Perly1

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 10:31 am
So just read it and Esti said he needn't sell the business but Eli said he's doing it to keep the peace. Esti said her father may have left then something else and Eli said he didn't leave them anything.

He also seemed to imply he already knew the business was his, how? Had he helped financially over the years to stop it going under?

safetynet1

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 12:16 am
The will doesnt give Esti a normal husband. I hope this isnt the ending. Esti deserves better.

Yup, I love discussing fiction.

amother
Firethorn

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 9:10 am
It’s finally ended!!!

I’m gonna read it now.

amother
Whitewash

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 9:18 am
Perly1 wrote:
So just read it and Esti said he needn't sell the business but Eli said he's doing it to keep the peace. Esti said her father may have left then something else and Eli said he didn't leave them anything.

He also seemed to imply he already knew the business was his, how? Had he helped financially over the years to stop it going under?

Somewhere in the beginning they said that the father had already signed over the business to Eli. If so, I'm not sure what the will here is about... not that this story makes so much sense in general.

amother
Firethorn

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 9:20 am
I’m way too tired to summarize properly. So anyone feel free.

flyakite

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 9:28 am
I keep on not getting this. Halachically, it all belongs to Eli. The girls have no claim at all. I kept waiting for this to come up.

amother
Sienna

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 9:33 am
Can anyone send a picture of this weeks? The Ami didn't get in to the stores near me...

chestnut

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 9:36 am
amother Firethorn wrote:
It’s finally ended!!!

I’m gonna read it now.

It did?! This week is the final chapter? No way lol
Is it a good ending or meh?

flyakite

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 9:36 am
Eli could have well put everyone in their place by pointing that out that he is the sole halachic heir, in order to bring about a change in attitude. So that instead of feeling entitled, the daughters feel grateful because anything he was giving them was a voluntary bonus. Also, even if theoretically the business belonged to all of them, he should have been getting a salary first, and then divided up the profits. The demand that he fund a lifestyle, in total disregard of the profits available, is totally unfounded from any angle (halachically, legally, ethically, etc)

amother
Whitewash

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 9:54 am
flyakite wrote:
I keep on not getting this. Halachically, it all belongs to Eli. The girls have no claim at all. I kept waiting for this to come up.

Halachically, he has to support his mother and also unmarried sisters, I think. Not sure where "father agreed to support married daughter in kollel" comes into this picture, lol.

amother
Firethorn

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 10:00 am
amother Sienna wrote:
Can anyone send a picture of this weeks? The Ami didn't get in to the stores near me...

I’ll try to upload it.

amother
Firethorn

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 10:01 am
chestnut wrote:
It did?! This week is the final chapter? No way lol
Is it a good ending or meh?

It’s not the best ending. It feels way too rushed.

amother
Firethorn

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 10:02 am

amother
Firethorn

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 10:05 am

I’m sorry the last picture is sideways.

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 10:06 am
amother Whitewash wrote:
Halachically, he has to support his mother and also unmarried sisters, I think. Not sure where "father agreed to support married daughter in kollel" comes into this picture, lol.

What unmarried sisters?

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 10:11 am
Another completely unrealistic ending. You can't convince me Eli who was completely enmeshed with his entire family finally saw the light etc.

I feel like stories like these give women in actual abusive marriage dangerous false hope. Makes me so mad.

Perly1

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 11:08 am
Thanks Firethorn. Got the Ami downstairs but collapsed exhausted in bed so good to read.

Ending between Esti and Eli should have been marriage therapy. Mimi should have supported him but at least it wasn't 'and they all lived happily ever after'.

chestnut

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 11:14 am
Thanks, Firestone.
Yeah, it's too rushed. Eli's sisters are still mad at him.

qwerty4

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 2:04 pm
There was zero character development in this story. Things went downhill from the beginning and ended on a sour note. I don't think there was one redeemable character.
I am considering switching my subscription to Mishpacha for a little more quality serials.

amother
Orange

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 2:51 pm
And in the end, Esti saw that Eli just wanted peace and all was good, blah blah blah…

I don’t care what his intentions were towards his family, he treated his wife terribly the whole time. More like a nuisance than a partner. And that was not even addressed.
Page 45 of 46   Previous  1  2  3 44  45  46  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room