Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Wearing Carter’s
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

amother
Almond

Post Mon, Apr 15 2024, 12:58 pm
amother Cerulean wrote:
carters and target is considered cheap but passable. H&M and zara is middle of the way / standard.
jewish companies is standard. like the whole lakewood is in lil legs, tottini and kidichic.
If your more high end or if your in circles where its more standard then Bobo choses, rylee and cru, mini rodini, Kin+Kin, Fub, Misha and Puf, Nunu is what your kids are wearing and then Carters is usually socially off and only used when your not planning on seeing anyone anyway.
Many people cant afford the higher end brands so they order from Ali the copys/damaged pieces that they sell

Scratching Head

amother
DarkYellow

Post Mon, Apr 15 2024, 1:50 pm
I have always lived OOT or in E"Y. I love fashion and I love dressing my kids! That being said, I don't buy stuff just because it's a Jewish brand or style. Some of that stuff is just plain ugly and I don't think it's worth the $$$. I get my kids "nicer" stuff from Jewish stores for Shabbos and YT and for weekday I do h and m, target, zara, tottini and other random places with cute things. My youngest is 2.5 and honestly I have found some cute t shirts with words on them that aren't over the top and don't have silly slogans. My kids always look adorable, I always get compliments but they aren't carbon copies. Every time I go to Lakewood and we split up my husbands mistakes 3 other ladies for me because we all have the same brown sheitel with blonde highlights and black puffy coat. Why do we do this?? lol

I let my kids have some color and uniqueness in their lives...they still look great, but I think it's nice for them to not wear exactly what their friends are. Plus, some of my kids have opinions! I can't control everything they wear even if I wanted to. IMO the worst is when I see kids in clothes that are too big and clearly from 10 years ago. In today's world you can get a new $4 t shirt at target and $7 leggings or gasp...a $15 outfit at Carter's. At least let your kids look well groomed and cared for. I know it's an unpopular opinion but it does bug me!

Comptroller

Post Mon, Apr 15 2024, 2:02 pm
Crookshanks wrote:
Someone asks a dumb question and suddenly we have 5 pages of people b****ing about Lakewood.
Grow up.
Go clean your house.

I can't believe you all are so bored that you have nothing better to do than delay the Geula.

Isn't that hurtful to the person who asked the question?

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Apr 15 2024, 2:06 pm
Comptroller wrote:
Isn't that hurtful to the person who asked the question?

I don't think she meant dumb as dumb. She meant innocent question.

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Mon, Apr 15 2024, 5:13 pm
And this is why, among other reasons, I say Hodu LaShem that my kids got out of Lakewood.

amother
Forsythia

Post Mon, Apr 15 2024, 5:31 pm
This thread is a great advertisement for Carter's. (I bet Carter's started it Smile) I just placed a large order. I used to shop at Carter's but forgot about them for a while. But this thread reminded me, and I just purchased some gorgeous clothing for my children for Y"T BH!

Cheiny

Post Mon, Apr 15 2024, 5:59 pm
amother OP wrote:
Someone gave my son as a gift tons and tons of Carter’s clothes. He is 3. Is it social suicide to wear them? Or is it ok? I’m totally clueless, as you can tell. Never have and never will care about these things. But I don’t want to be an outcast Sad

Anyone who treats you like an outcast because of your kid’s clothes is not someone you should respect, care about their opinion, or want in your life.

amother
Daffodil

Post Mon, Apr 15 2024, 6:04 pm
amother Forsythia wrote:
This thread is a great advertisement for Carter's. (I bet Carter's started it Smile) I just placed a large order. I used to shop at Carter's but forgot about them for a while. But this thread reminded me, and I just purchased some gorgeous clothing for my children for Y"T BH!

Ha, I did the same! New spring clothes on their way soon. Thanks OP for reminding me about Carters.

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Apr 15 2024, 6:29 pm
amother DarkKhaki wrote:
And this is why, among other reasons, I say Hodu LaShem that my kids got out of Lakewood.

You really got lucky because this thread is totally real. Good you went to a perfect community where you can speak ill about other jews. Why everyone is proud to announce they live oot and then proudly speak lashon hara and motzei shem ra is a puzzle. Is this an aveira you are all proud you do? Is this encouraged oot or something? Because I can't understand why it seems so prevalent there.

amother
Lightcoral

Post Mon, Apr 15 2024, 7:21 pm
OP, I like your wording "social suicide;
yes, in our community it's nebby to wear Carter's. My baby was wearing Carter's today and I felt like the biggest neb on this planet. My baby was so cute and comfortable and happy though

Tao

Post Mon, Apr 15 2024, 7:38 pm
amother Almond wrote:
Didn't realize until this site that carter's is considered cheap. I thought it was standard, and temu/shein were cheap.

Lol, and I bought my boys adorable chunky cardigans from shein for last winter with tight turtlenecks under and adorable black target jeans and someone who's into styles and brands commented "Your kids are always dressed for the catwalk" LOL

amother
DarkYellow

Post Mon, Apr 15 2024, 7:48 pm
Tao wrote:
Lol, and I bought my boys adorable chunky cardigans from shein for last winter with tight turtlenecks under and adorable black target jeans and someone who's into styles and brands commented "Your kids are always dressed for the catwalk" LOL

I love target for little kids clothes. $4 t shirts for camp. I mean you can't get better than that!

amother
Fern

Post Mon, Apr 15 2024, 8:04 pm
Carter's is having an anual baby blow out sale which belongs in the post your thread reactions if it were a thread on here!
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries