Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Wearing Carter’s
  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 14 2024, 6:00 pm
Someone gave my son as a gift tons and tons of Carter’s clothes. He is 3. Is it social suicide to wear them? Or is it ok? I’m totally clueless, as you can tell. Never have and never will care about these things. But I don’t want to be an outcast Sad

amother
Snowdrop

Post Sun, Apr 14 2024, 6:01 pm
Depends on the specific clothes. Can you link a few of the styles?

BaltoMom65

Post Sun, Apr 14 2024, 6:04 pm
My goodness, is this high school?

amother
Lightgreen

Post Sun, Apr 14 2024, 6:16 pm
I wouldn't go that extreme but it could be social suicide for you if he wears them. But he'll be fine. Assuming you don't know that answer, you're probably not going around in circles that will be affected by his wardrobe.

That being said... if you do care what people think, you can return to carters, get a credit to use for basics like socks underwear and pajamas, and buy him a typical lakewood wardrobe someplace else.

Also, there are definitely some stuff from carters that are acceptable, even in judgy [...] circles.

amother
Lightgreen

Post Sun, Apr 14 2024, 6:16 pm
BaltoMom65 wrote:
My goodness, is this high school?

This is why there's a closed lakewood group.

You don't need to understand. You don't need to agree. But you can be nice.

amother
Rainbow

Post Sun, Apr 14 2024, 6:19 pm
amother Lightgreen wrote:
I wouldn't go that extreme but it could be social suicide for you if he wears them. But he'll be fine. Assuming you don't know that answer, you're probably not going around in circles that will be affected by his wardrobe.

That being said... if you do care what people think, you can return to carters, get a credit to use for basics like socks underwear and pajamas, and buy him a typical lakewood wardrobe someplace else.

Also, there are definitely some stuff from target that are acceptable, even in judgy lakewood circles.

This is really sad honestly. A 3 year could be shunned for wearing well made, adorable outfits? Carters clothes for toddlers are adorable.

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Apr 14 2024, 6:22 pm
Social suicide for what a 3 year old is wearing? So sad on so many levels.

amother
Anemone

Post Sun, Apr 14 2024, 6:23 pm
boy clothes? I'd say that is probably okay. girls stuff I'd probably be a bit wary of style from carters

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Apr 14 2024, 6:24 pm
If you are really afraid of being an outcast because of what your 3 yr old is wearing, then I think you need to think long and hard about who your friends are.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Apr 14 2024, 6:25 pm
Carters little planet line has really stepped up their game and looks super similar to the frum store stuff
Depending on what you got, you can exchange it
Also they have tons of basics like bike shorts, sneakers, pjs, underwear...

My 3yo dd has some adorable carters stuff and she's dressed well

amother
Canary

Post Sun, Apr 14 2024, 6:26 pm
I live here local and I got my toddler an outfit from carters. If it's not covered in dinosaurs and has the look of a nice outfit, I don't see why the company name should be a prob. Like the pp wrote, the little planet line is very cute. I like stuff that look like the local stores and ordered a few stuff from carters, target, hm.... I can't afford to drop hundreds on my toddlers wardrobe every season and I think she's dressed very nicely and up to the "standards" of our community.

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Apr 14 2024, 6:27 pm
lol it’s not social suicide

If it’s reasonably cute let him wear them

amother
Peachpuff

Post Sun, Apr 14 2024, 6:27 pm
This is why there's a closed lakewood group.

You don't need to understand. You don't need to agree. But you can be nice.

Not sure I understood your comment, so I'm sincerely asking for clarification: Are you saying that there's a closed Lakewood group because many people in Lakewood feel pressure to dress their very young children in expensive clothing, and people from outside of Lakewood cannot relate to that?

Just trying to understand.

Michelle123

Post Sun, Apr 14 2024, 6:30 pm
I got a very cute blue gauze dress for my 4 yr old. Got a white cardigan off Amazon to wear with it.

amother
Lightgreen

Post Sun, Apr 14 2024, 6:31 pm
amother Peachpuff wrote:
Not sure I understood your comment, so I'm sincerely asking for clarification: Are you saying that there's a closed Lakewood group because many people in Lakewood feel pressure to dress their very young children in expensive clothing, and people from outside of Lakewood cannot relate to that?

Just trying to understand.

Because op came here with a question that seems to pretty specific to lakewood.

And instead of answering or being helpful, you came with a snarky completely unhelpful comment.

Is part of lakewood a little like high school? Yeah, I guess. And everyone has to decide for themselves where to draw the line, how much they care what people think, and what circles they want to be part of.

But op has a question. So we can answer it, without judging her, and without making her feel bad.

GLUE

Post Sun, Apr 14 2024, 6:37 pm
Social suicide for who?
You or your son?
For your son, I don't think any boys his age cares, at least the ones that I know could be your son's friends care.
For you, it depends on who your friends are.

Many people in Lakewood dress there kids in Carter's it not so uncommon.

amother
Peachpuff

Post Sun, Apr 14 2024, 6:38 pm
Because op came here with a question that seems to pretty specific to lakewood.

And instead of answering or being helpful, you came with a snarky completely unhelpful comment.

Is part of lakewood a little like high school? Yeah, I guess. And everyone has to decide for themselves where to draw the line, how much they care what people think, and what circles they want to be part of.

But op has a question. So we can answer it, without judging her, and without making her feel bad.

I guess I said something offensive? Sorry, I have trouble picking up on nuances. I just wanted to know what you meant by this is why there's a closed Lakewood group. I thought I was being nice but I'm sorry if I hurt anyone.

tigerwife

Post Sun, Apr 14 2024, 6:40 pm
I’m into fashion and I buy my kids clothes from Carters among other cheap stores 😎
It’s not about the brand. I like a specific style.

HonesttoGod

Post Sun, Apr 14 2024, 6:41 pm
Are they cute?
Do they fit?

Yes he can wear them.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 14 2024, 6:42 pm
No dinosaurs. But stuff like this https://www.carters.com/oshkos......html
And this
https://www.carters.com/oshkos......html
Page 1 of 6   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries