Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Help me reframe this..I’m so angry
Previous  1  2  3

seeker

Post Sun, Apr 14 2024, 4:11 pm
amother OP wrote:
DS was too nervous to try the ortho k lenses, the idea of a hard lens scared him. We looked into it and discussed it with other people doing it.

Maybe if he knows that's where he's headed if he doesn't cooperate with the soft ones?

amother
Cinnamon

Post Sun, Apr 14 2024, 4:16 pm
Why do you need to take off work? Can't you just call and order the same pair again?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 14 2024, 4:21 pm
amother Cinnamon wrote:
Why do you need to take off work? Can't you just call and order the same pair again?

For the sake of the warranty they need me to hand in whatever we have to attempt to repair before they replace.

amother
Cornsilk

Post Mon, Apr 15 2024, 6:48 am
Given that all the other variables have to stay as is, you really are going to have crack down on the Executive functioning part. Until you are able to create a system that works for him you can't even begin to hope that this will work out. Its frustrating how much of this will fall on you and I am sure your plate is full with ADHD management already but this is really not something he can do on his own.
Sit down and have a conversation with him or focus a few OT sessions on this. What is the weak point? Is there a designated shelf in the house for all eye related things?Is there a mirror nearby? Maybe he needs a calendar hanging right there? Does he have a safe place for the glasses at night? At bathtime? When he is wearing the lenses?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 15 2024, 7:29 pm
amother Cornsilk wrote:
Given that all the other variables have to stay as is, you really are going to have crack down on the Executive functioning part. Until you are able to create a system that works for him you can't even begin to hope that this will work out. Its frustrating how much of this will fall on you and I am sure your plate is full with ADHD management already but this is really not something he can do on his own.
Sit down and have a conversation with him or focus a few OT sessions on this. What is the weak point? Is there a designated shelf in the house for all eye related things?Is there a mirror nearby? Maybe he needs a calendar hanging right there? Does he have a safe place for the glasses at night? At bathtime? When he is wearing the lenses?

Yes we are working this way. He already has two mirrors in his room, one on his desk for contacts lenses and one on the wall. We already have a designated place for his contacts and glasses, but he often forgets to use them. DH and I had a conversation with DS last night to problem solve together how to keep track of the contacts lenses. We came up with a plan and now hoping it will work! We just spent hundreds on ordering more contacts…
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics