Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Chasdei Lev- who gets priority

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 5:53 pm
It seems like many Imamothers are confused about Chasdei Lev and feel that they should be entitled to Yom Tov help from them even if they aren’t in chinuch.

Chasdei Lev clearly states their mission:

“Chasdei Lev's mission is to give back to our Rebbeim, teachers and their families in appreciation for their tremendous devotion to our children”

That’s it. Simple.It’s an appreciation and a chizuk to the rabbeim and teachers. I believe the schools also subsidize part.

It is not Tomchei shabbos. It is not the local food pantry. It is a Chinuch appreciation organization.

Anyone complaining that they deserve to be serviced by them is simply missing the boat.

CPenzias

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 5:58 pm
That's so nice that there's an organization who understands that teachers who work in Yeshiva get paid so little. This warms my heart

amother
Anemone

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 5:58 pm
Is chasdei lev a Lakewood thing? I never heard about it till I saw it mentioned on this site.

mha3484

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 6:00 pm
Its across the country. https://chasdeilev.org/

amother
Anemone

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 6:02 pm
mha3484 wrote:
Its across the country. https://chasdeilev.org/

Interesting, I never heard about them.
What do they provide? Is it only for Rabbeiim or male teachers, or are female teachers also eligible?
Are all schools part of this or only non chassidish?

mha3484

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 6:04 pm
My city runs its own program so I don't know the technicalities. I think its for rebbeim and moros and any school can choose to participate.

amother
Dustypink

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 6:10 pm
amother Anemone wrote:
Interesting, I never heard about them.
What do they provide? Is it only for Rabbeiim or male teachers, or are female teachers also eligible?
Are all schools part of this or only non chassidish?

Females are only eligible if they're the primary breadwinner ( I'm in chinuch and not eligible because of this)

amother
Blueberry

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 6:15 pm
I worked in a yeshiva that did this. My understanding is that the yeshiva also subsidizes a portion.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 6:16 pm
amother Blueberry wrote:
I worked in a yeshiva that did this. My understanding is that the yeshiva also subsidizes a portion.

Correct, about $800 per rebbi

amother
Molasses

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 6:25 pm
amother Dustypink wrote:
Females are only eligible if they're the primary breadwinner ( I'm in chinuch and not eligible because of this)

Nope. Im the primary. It is school dependent. Schools pay for this too. So if a school doesn’t participate their staff doesn’t receive from them. When I lived in Brooklyn I was on the list. I heard that my school paid 700$ per teacher towards the cost.
Here in Lakewood mainly rebbis get.
It has nothing to do with your income. I know plenty who have money from other sources and received their package. And plenty who can barely pay their bills and do not. It depends if the school joins and how many staff members they put on the list.
It is an amazing, beautiful and very organized undertaking. Lists are given to teachers/ rebbis months before pesach and sukkos. You put your order in. If there was a mistake they correct it. Children receive specialty boxes for chanuka and tisha bav. I remember getting a cake for shavuos. And there is usually a gift like a beautiful napkin holder or glass cups. Anything you could want is on there (non perishable) and volunteers pack the boxes into the cars. But I wish it were more income based,And independent teachers could apply too.

amother
Dustypink

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 6:57 pm
amother Molasses wrote:
Nope. Im the primary. It is school dependent. Schools pay for this too. So if a school doesn’t participate their staff doesn’t receive from them. When I lived in Brooklyn I was on the list. I heard that my school paid 700$ per teacher towards the cost.
Here in Lakewood mainly rebbis get.
It has nothing to do with your income. I know plenty who have money from other sources and received their package. And plenty who can barely pay their bills and do not. It depends if the school joins and how many staff members they put on the list.
It is an amazing, beautiful and very organized undertaking. Lists are given to teachers/ rebbis months before pesach and sukkos. You put your order in. If there was a mistake they correct it. Children receive specialty boxes for chanuka and tisha bav. I remember getting a cake for shavuos. And there is usually a gift like a beautiful napkin holder or glass cups. Anything you could want is on there (non perishable) and volunteers pack the boxes into the cars. But I wish it were more income based,And independent teachers could apply too.

The school can choose which teachers they sign up and pay their part, but the organization won't give to women who have husbands who work. At least that's what the website says so I didn't push my school too hard
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics