Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Pesach foods for baby

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 1:17 pm
Any ideas what I can give my 1yr old somewhat picky eater his current goto foods are : oatmeal, rice cereal, snackers, sandwiches (peanut butter and chummus) and bamba?

amother
Firethorn

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 1:26 pm
I bought almond butter puffs in gourmet glatt
Going to make almond flour pancakes
Kugels
Chicken
Soups
Yogurts
Applesauce

amother
Oldlace

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 1:43 pm
Cut up sweet potatoes
Bananas
Avocado
Beets
Cottage cheese
Vegetables from soup

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 2:39 pm
amother Firethorn wrote:
I bought almond butter puffs in gourmet glatt
Going to make almond flour pancakes
Kugels
Chicken
Soups
Yogurts
Applesauce

Thanks! Good ideas, gonna look for the almond butter puffs

amother
NeonYellow

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 2:43 pm
Don't forget matzah Smile my picker eater enjoys that just as much as regular crackers lol

amother
Grape

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 2:44 pm
amother OP wrote:
Any ideas what I can give my 1yr old somewhat picky eater his current goto foods are : oatmeal, rice cereal, snackers, sandwiches (peanut butter and chummus) and bamba?

Rice cereal is kitnyos, bamba as well. We give our babies kitnyos.
You can try:
Greek yogurt, banana, avocado, eggs, soup, veggies from chicken soup.

amother
Whitewash

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 3:42 pm
Mashed potatoes
Steamed apples
Roast
Strips of chicken breast
Butternut squash oven fries
Almond flour Pancakes
Cassava flour Pasta
Banana, almond butter, cocoa smoothie
Avocado berry smoothie

amother
Mayflower

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 4:17 pm
Every year when this question is posted, and it's posted every single year, I'm always confused. Put the same food in front of your baby as you are eating. Besides for big pieces of nuts, why shouldn't he eat chicken, ground beef or soft meat, potato in any form, veggies, fruit, dairy, fish, choulent, soup etc. baby food is a manufactured idea

amother
Grape

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 4:21 pm
amother Mayflower wrote:
Every year when this question is posted, and it's posted every single year, I'm always confused. Put the same food in front of your baby as you are eating. Besides for big pieces of nuts, why shouldn't he eat chicken, ground beef or soft meat, potato in any form, veggies, fruit, dairy, fish, choulent, soup etc. baby food is a manufactured idea

Because many babies are picky and don't just eat any foods that are put in front of them.

Tao

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 4:25 pm
You can also soak pieces of matzah in hot water and milk and add chocolate powder/syrup for sweetness. I always did that and my babies preferred it to the rice cereal they ate the rest of the year Smile

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 4:57 pm
amother Mayflower wrote:

LOL if it was that simple no one would ask the question, been doing that since my baby started eating but my baby like many babies r picky and wont just eat anything.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 4:58 pm
Tao wrote:
You can also soak pieces of matzah in hot water and milk and add chocolate powder/syrup for sweetness. I always did that and my babies preferred it to the rice cereal they ate the rest of the year Smile

Great idea thanks!

myname1

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 4:01 am
My kids eat similarly plain foods. One pesach staple is cottage cheese pancakes- 1 cup cottage cheese, 1 egg, 1/4 cup potato starch. Mix and fry. I like making it big and cutting into triangles but can also make small pancakes. Also, if you make pesach lukshon (potato starch, egg, water), he might like snacking on those plain.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 7:05 am
myname1 wrote:
My kids eat similarly plain foods. One pesach staple is cottage cheese pancakes- 1 cup cottage cheese, 1 egg, 1/4 cup potato starch. Mix and fry. I like making it big and cutting into triangles but can also make small pancakes. Also, if you make pesach lukshon (potato starch, egg, water), he might like snacking on those plain.

Love these ideas thank you, definitely sounds like the type of foods he will eat! Do you know if u can make the pancakes in large batches will it last in the fridge/freezer or only make for serving right away?

myname1

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 7:22 am
amother OP wrote:
Love these ideas thank you, definitely sounds like the type of foods he will eat! Do you know if u can make the pancakes in large batches will it last in the fridge/freezer or only make for serving right away?

In my experience they get very hard and dried out when made early but if you reheat in a toaster oven or something they're not too bad.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics