Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Share your whoops moment

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 8:59 am
Cool

amother
Clematis

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 9:09 am
How about you start.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 9:19 am
Stepped in a puddle now have wet socks

bigsis144

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 9:55 am
I was dropping off a meal train dinner for a family that just had a baby, and after I gave the food to the mom and said mazal tov, I mentioned that my daughter is in the same preschool class as hers.

Her: “oh that’s nice! I’ve definitely heard about [LittleDaughter144]!”

Me: “Yeah, LittleDaughter144 is very popular!”

Afterwards in my car I was kicking myself because that might have come across as bragging or obnoxious 🙈

Bnei Berak 10

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 10:17 am
bigsis144 wrote:
I was dropping off a meal train dinner for a family that just had a baby, and after I gave the food to the mom and said mazal tov, I mentioned that my daughter is in the same preschool class as hers.

Her: “oh that’s nice! I’ve definitely heard about [LittleDaughter144]!”

Me: “Yeah, LittleDaughter144 is very popular!”

Afterwards in my car I was kicking myself because that might have come across as bragging or obnoxious 🙈

Not a catastrophy. Most mothers are proud of their kids.

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 10:40 am
I went over to a friend to return a bag of things long overdue, and her and kids were getting ready to go to a park. Was with my kids, they got so jealous and it took me along time to calm them down. Definitely a whoops moment.

Queen Of Hearts

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 10:43 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
Not a catastrophy. Most mothers are proud of their kids.

And the ones who brag come across very obnoxious.
Keep your pride in your kids to yourself or share it with your parents and in laws.

bigsis144

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 10:47 am
Queen Of Hearts wrote:
And the ones who brag come across very obnoxious.
Keep your pride in your kids to yourself or share it with your parents and in laws.

Yup, overall, as a one-time foot-in-mouth comment it was relatively harmless, like lol my kids have better social lives than me and it’s cute to hear them talk about it, but I don’t wanna make a habit of it

Queen Of Hearts

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 10:49 am
bigsis144 wrote:
Yup, overall, as a one-time foot-in-mouth comment it was relatively harmless, like lol my kids have better social lives than me and it’s cute to hear them talk about it, but I don’t wanna make a habit of it

I would feel that whoops feeling too.
I can't even brag anonymously on here.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 10:59 am
I was very newly postpartum and completely brain fogged from lack of sleep.

Took dd to the bus stop and bumped (not literally) into a neighbor who I know vaguely but not well. She tells me mazal tov, then says, I get a mazal tov too, I just married off last night. I said wow, mazal tov, your first daughter, that must have been major! She said, actually it's my son who got married. In my sleep deprived state all I could respond is, wow, that's so nice, marrying off a girl is really a big deal. She laughed and told me to go back to bed.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 7:30 pm
My shopping wagon bumped into an older man's legthe store the other day. I felt so bad he was in so much pain. A real whoops

amother
DarkViolet

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 7:33 pm
Waving at someone whilst I was driving then I hit the curb. Learnt not to do that whilst driving ever again!!

amother
Snowflake

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 7:52 pm
I greeted an old friend with an enthusiastic ‘mazel tov, when did you get married?’ She responded ‘January 16 and divorced February 16’. Whoops Can't Believe It

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 8:38 pm
I commented to someone's wig on purim, told her it suits her and asked if its special for purim, right... ? ouch... turned out she changed her style permanently, no purim. I was embarrassed, whoops!

amother
Skyblue

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 8:41 pm
amother OP wrote:
Cool

called a seminary weird when my friend had just told me her sister is going there 😭

amother
Chicory

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 7:37 pm
I just spent a fortune on a new shaitel. A few thousand dollars… I never spent so much. I thought it was something extra special. I was wearing it the first day I got it and my husband who didn’t know that I picked it up and that I was wearing it- asked me when I’m getting my new shaitel.
Later my teenage daughter said something like- Ma, I thought you’re getting a new shaitel.
So much for my new wig 😐

amother
DarkViolet

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 5:31 am
amother Chicory wrote:
I just spent a fortune on a new shaitel. A few thousand dollars… I never spent so much. I thought it was something extra special. I was wearing it the first day I got it and my husband who didn’t know that I picked it up and that was wearing it- asked me when I’m getting my new shaitel.
Later my teenage daughter said something like- Ma, I thought you’re getting a new shaitel.
So much for my new wig 😐

Probably cus it's suits you that well that they didn't think any different!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics