Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Bedtime for 5 and 9 year old who share a room

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 8:45 pm
Looking for ranges of what makes sense for those ages.

Please when you say times, please specify if you're talking about starting bedtime at that time, or ending bedtime at that time.

Thanks

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 8:47 pm
I have these exact ages. Coupled with the fact that we live in a very small apartment, their bedtimes end up being together instead of one being 7:30 and the other 8:30.
The little one falls asleep quickly and the older one reads in bed for an hour before falling asleep. My younger one can sleep longer in the morning so this works for now.

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 8:49 pm
I’d do 8:30 it works for my 4 year old and not early for the 9 year old either. If the 9 year old grumbles you can get a small book light they can use to read for a little bit after the 5 year old falls asleep.

amother
Violet

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 8:52 pm
My 5 gets into bed at 7:15 and is sleeping by the time my 9 gets into bed at 8:30.

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 8:54 pm
We start getting ready for bed at around 7:45- 8
Earlier on Sundays when motzei shabbos was late.

amother
Wandflower

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 9:09 pm
I have a 6 and 9 y/o . The 6 y/o is usually in bed at 8:30 and the 9y/o goes to shower etc then and comes to bed after. They end up falling asleep around the same time. It’s just what works even though the 6 y/o should be going to sleep earlier, he doesn’t and he s fine

amother
Banana

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 9:37 pm
4 yo and 8 yo girl share a room. The 4 year old usually finishes bedtime routine at around 7:30, and we put her into her bed then. The 8 yo usually finishes around 8. Her younger sister is always up when we put her in, but that way the 8 yo feels like she has a "later bedtime" and things are a little calmer without the 4 yo running around the house.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 11:09 pm
Thanks everyone for your responses. Sorry for disappearing.
I read the responses last night, but I didn't really have the head to focus on it till now.

So basically it sounds like 8-8:30 is a good plan.
I think so too.
That sounds like what we'll work towards!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children