Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Kid Friendly Seder Ideas

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 4:04 pm
I ordered Animal Beads and string and were going to make "napkin rings" and also ordered realistic frogs for the kids to play and stick in random places

Any other ideas? Thanks!!

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 4:06 pm
amother OP wrote:
I ordered Animal Beads and string and were going to make "napkin rings" and also ordered realistic frogs for the kids to play and stick in random places

Any other ideas? Thanks!!

We have makos glasses, makos masks, makos finger puppets, makos toys….we also do a lot of quoting from “Boruch learns about Pesach” at our Seder.

amother
Daffodil

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 3:44 pm
problematic link removed

amother
Snowflake

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 4:05 pm
First night: we do a whole 'play' of the story of yetzias mitzrayim. There are props for all the stages of the story, from working in mitzrayim, Moshe coming to Paroah, all the makkos, all the way through kriyas yam suf (we hold up 2 blue sheets and the kids run through with pillow cases as 'sacks' on their backs!). Takes creativity but it's very engaging.
Second night: before Pesach we have a daily activity of coloring in pages with pesach pictures, which we then put together in a flip book and tell over the story with that.
It's a big break in the middle of the seder, telling over the whole story like that each night, but the kids are super involved and it's really fun and makes great memories.

miracle

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 2:25 am
www.powerupforpesach.org has a great session by Mushka on Creating a Kid-Friendly Seder with am amazing ideas - you can watch it until erev Pesach for Free

amother
Forsythia

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 9:05 am
Dh keeps a bowl with assorted candies next to him- gumdrops, choc lentils, etc
and constantly gives them out throughout the seder for child participation- singing along, answering questions, asking questions, saying a dvar torah or something learned in school, etc.
Very generously.

Also, makes makkos and story come alive.

mushkamothers

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 9:11 am
miracle wrote:
www.powerupforpesach.org has a great session by Mushka on Creating a Kid-Friendly Seder with am amazing ideas - you can watch it until erev Pesach for Free

Thank you for sharing!! I made a free guide that goes together and you can download it directly here.
Ideas for setting yourself up, the environment, easy no prep and no buy ideas like bringing toys to the table (with pics)
And more

https://mymotheringmindset.com/seder

mushkamothers

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 9:13 am
amother Daffodil wrote:
https://torahsisters.com/ten-plagues-passover-craft/

This isn't Torah jews
This is messianic or jews for J
be very careful

amother
Buttercup

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 9:22 am
When do u have time for these fun things like a whole play etc? Like I find just getting through the haggadah takes so long and the kids are tired by the time we are up to Makkos and just want the matzah and marror and the seuda.

mushkamothers

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 9:33 am
amother Buttercup wrote:
When do u have time for these fun things like a whole play etc? Like I find just getting through the haggadah takes so long and the kids are tired by the time we are up to Makkos and just want the matzah and marror and the seuda.

Kid Friendly doesn't have to mean over the top entertainment ... it can also mean having a shorter seder or letting the kids do their thing earlier or giving them food during haggadah or letting them leave the table to play or fall asleep... doing your own Maggid shorter and catering to them... etc whatever makes sense.

That's the point in my free guide (and in my presentation if you watch it)

amother
Junglegreen

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 9:46 am
amother Buttercup wrote:

My husband always felt that the Haggadah reading should take second place to the kids and telling over the story of Yetzias Mitzrayim. Not to ignore the Haggadah, but to spend a lot of time going through the actual story in a way that is engaging to the kids.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 11:33 am
mushkamothers wrote:
This isn't Torah jews
This is messianic or jews for J
be very careful

Yea, I was wondering about the link about incorporating j into the Seder….

amother
Buttercup

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 3:45 pm
amother Junglegreen wrote:
My husband always felt that the Haggadah reading should take second place to the kids and telling over the story of Yetzias Mitzrayim. Not to ignore the Haggadah, but to spend a lot of time going through the actual story in a way that is engaging to the kids.

We definitely don’t do a long drawn out magid at all. But end of the day there’s a chiyuv to say the Haggadah.. maybe we are just too Litvish lol. But idk I find the Seder starts sooo late and then even racing through the Haggadah it’s still so late and long.

amother
Buttercup

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 3:47 pm
mushkamothers wrote:
Kid Friendly doesn't have to mean over the top entertainment ... it can also mean having a shorter seder or letting the kids do their thing earlier or giving them food during haggadah or letting them leave the table to play or fall asleep... doing your own Maggid shorter and catering to them... etc whatever makes sense.

That's the point in my free guide (and in my presentation if you watch it)

Oh for sure we aren’t strict about kids being at the table lol. They go off and play and I feed the younger ones throughout the Seder. I just mean Al the cute ideas aren’t happening at our Seder. Just no time for it

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 4:21 pm
I went to a pre-Pesach shiur a few years ago by an experienced educator and mother. One of the best ideas I brought home that year was to buy a Costco sized bag of Solo cups and give them to the kids to build pyramids when they get bored of sitting at the table. We went to my parents for the sedarim that year, and I mentioned the idea to my mom. She thought it sounded good and bought the cups, and my kids and their cousins had a grand time building with the cups. It was a great toy the whole YT and afterwards my mom just threw the cups out.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics