Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
PSA: please show appreciation
Previous  1  2

amother
Moccasin

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 7:37 am
rgr wrote:
I just wonder if the people posting link threads set up affiliate links to get some kickback.

How else would you have so much time and patience to list so many links

It’s against the rules of the site to post affiliate links. I personally just enjoy helping people out with shopping.

amother
Cinnamon

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 7:40 am
rgr wrote:
I just wonder if the people posting link threads set up affiliate links to get some kickback.

Some yes for sure. You can see when you click the address on top switches to something else before going to the site. And some are being helpful. I’ve posted a list of links when I’ve been bored and able to search.

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 7:45 am
amother Cinnamon wrote:
Some yes for sure. You can see when you click the address on top switches to something else before going to the site. And some are being helpful. I’ve posted a list of links when I’ve been bored and able to search.

I don’t think that necessarily means affiliate links

Either way I sometimes post just for the sake of helping others the same way I was helped by other people

amother
Clematis

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 7:54 am
Also - only post “bump” if no one replied. Otherwise you should acknowledge the replies given. That will automatically bump up the thread.

amother
Hibiscus

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 8:02 am
rgr wrote:

I love posting links , don’t get anything for it. I post links for people daily.

But would be nice to get a thanks, so I should know my work was helpful and not only fun.

One day someone asked for a link for something, some ppl replied following, then the op said she’s desperate desperate if anyone can help. I posted 5+ links. And crickets. Was she really desperate?!

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 8:07 am
amother Arcticblue wrote:
Someone pmed me a question in response to something I posted. I wrote a comprehensive and detailed reply. No response. It’s rather off putting.

If that was me, I apologize. I pmd someone talking about their diet success and asked if they could share. I’m desperate to lose weight but burnt out by the too many plans I’ve followed. I got back a detailed description of their business model.
I’m sorry. I should’ve responded. Was not looking to join another program and was taken aback. But reading this, that was rude. So thank you for taking the time to type it up. I do appreciate it. And lots of luck.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 8:09 am
I opened a shopping thread last week and spent quite a few hours pulling together links for countless ofposters. I’m very happy to help, but got very little feedback even though I asked a few times. Almost felt like I was begging lol.

To any poster who responded even thanks, but it’s not what I’m looking for, I appreciated that! Some posters were responsive and that was really nice.

amother
Hibiscus

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 8:12 am
amother Bluebonnet wrote:
I opened a shopping thread last week and spent quite a few hours pulling together links for countless ofposters. I’m very happy to help, but got very little feedback even though I asked a few times. Almost felt like I was begging lol.

To any poster who responded even thanks, but it’s not what I’m looking for, I appreciated that! Some posters were responsive and that was really nice.

Imagine if anyone bought something from these links and replied, thanks , I just bought it! Would it have been so hard? It’s basic communication/ appreciation.

amother
Arcticblue

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 8:48 am
amother Cantaloupe wrote:
If that was me, I apologize. I pmd someone talking about their diet success and asked if they could share. I’m desperate to lose weight but burnt out by the too many plans I’ve followed. I got back a detailed description of their business model.
I’m sorry. I should’ve responded. Was not looking to join another program and was taken aback. But reading this, that was rude. So thank you for taking the time to type it up. I do appreciate it. And lots of luck.

It wasn’t you, but good luck!

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 9:50 am
amother Hibiscus wrote:
Imagine if anyone bought something from these links and replied, thanks , I just bought it! Would it have been so hard? It’s basic communication/ appreciation.

100%

amother
Glitter

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 9:51 am
rgr wrote:

I’ve wondered the same and you are probably right. It’s a little unethical to do that without notice.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette