Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
S/o school based therapists
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

octopus

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 3:51 pm
I'm not splitting hairs at all. And I'm certainly not vitriolic. The information you gave was false. A classification is completely different than a diagnosis and you should know this if you attended a masters degree program in special ed! The DOE does not diagnose! This is a very important point that ALL parents need to know! You know why? Because many parents would not agree to have their kid evaluated altogether. So it's important to be very clear as to what is going on. Kids change classifications all the time at the DOE as new information/testing comes to light. These classifications (the label) are just there in order to get services it's not a life sentence nor is it a definitive diagnosis. We tell this to parents all the time. My own child went from LD to OHI! That's all I have to say. You can be embarrassed for me. I'm certainly not embarrassed to let people know the truth of how the DOE functions. Correct information is only helpful and empowering to parents and school staff.

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 4:37 pm
I haven't read the entire thread, but I a went into the schools with a passion for the job. It's the agencies and school districts that care only about money and avoiding lawsuits, and implement work conditions that reduce the quality of services for students, while causing burnout in the therapists.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics