Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
I think mattresses are outdated
Previous  1  2

amother
Banana

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 6:37 pm
B"H for mattress protectors. But that only helps most of the time when I'm home. When I go to hotels, airbnbs, etc. I tend to get a little grossed out.

TS22

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 6:51 pm
Any one have a good brand for the waterproof mattress protector? I only want a waterproof one so it actually protects the mattress, but I find it makes me so sweaty since it is plastic

amother
Wandflower

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 11:30 am
amother Antiquewhite wrote:
Oh em gee!๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜†. You guys are funny! Ever heard of 2 Two matress covers! Like of course it's uncomfortable the plastic ones! It isn't SUPOSE to be slept on! It's not even safe or healthy!
First goes a Matress ' slip cover' it's called!!! That encases the matress and the higher quality the better prevents dust mights and stuff etc... but the cheapest Walmart ones are great too. If your concerned and don't want to spend alot on the first cover. Then you can always put tape over the zipper.
Then you buy a very comfortable 'matress cover'
(You can also buy a Matress topper first and then a Matress cover . I like the. Closeout connection ones or E.L. ones . And then you put a sheet. Like this you will be good. And yes after every guest we wash the mattress cover too. But the slip cover/encasement stays always on you can windex or Mr clean it down. Depending on the material.
Good luck!!

can you post some links please

ra_mom

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 11:56 am
TS22 wrote:
Any one have a good brand for the waterproof mattress protector? I only want a waterproof one so it actually protects the mattress, but I find it makes me so sweaty since it is plastic

Look up Slumber Safe Premium Allergy Mattress Protector. It's waterproof but topped with cotton terry and isn't sweaty.

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 2:32 pm
amother Winterberry wrote:
I use waterproof mattress covers, and change them every few years when they start getting worn out. My mattresses literally look perfect, like brand new. What's the issue if your using covers?

This

amother
Daffodil

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 4:37 pm
I feel this way about carpeting. My dad's most scathing remark about any product was "you can't clean the thing!"

amother
Lemonlime

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 10:20 pm
I have waterproof mattress pads from closeout connection. The top is like a thick cotton and looks regular but its lined underneath in waterproof material. Comfortable and doesnt make any noises.

Peersupport

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 1:25 am
honey36 wrote:
What do you think people will sleep on in the year 2123?

They'll have invented a pill that will abolish the need for sleep.
Just pop a pill every 24 hours!

goldfish1

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 8:08 am
amother Daffodil wrote:
I feel this way about carpeting. My dad's most scathing remark about any product was "you can't clean the thing!"

And I always think that about couches - like people sleep on couches and they just never get washed!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry