Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
What can I do with chicken bones?

corolla

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 1:58 pm
DH accidentally bought a frozen package of what he thought was chicken but turns out it says its bones. It hasn't defrosted yet, so I'm not sure exactly?

What can I do with it for supper that's not chicken soup (already have for Shabbos)? I also took out a package of actual chicken, so we won't go hungry, but dont want them taking up space in my freezer.

happy7

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 2:05 pm
You can cook them and take the chicken off the bone. Add to some sautéed veges with spices and serve with rice or mashed potatoes.

mha3484

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 2:06 pm
Make ramen soup.

ettilou

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 2:13 pm
Put in a net bag and add to ur chulent for delicious flavoring

613mitzvahgirl

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 4:36 pm
You can put them in a mesh bag and make fricazee..

tweety1

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 5:00 pm
Why can't you make soup and freeze it for another week?

ra_mom

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 5:11 pm
corolla wrote:
DH accidentally bought a frozen package of what he thought was chicken but turns out it says its bones. It hasn't defrosted yet, so I'm not sure exactly?

What can I do with it for supper that's not chicken soup (already have for Shabbos)? I also took out a package of actual chicken, so we won't go hungry, but dont want them taking up space in my freezer.

The chicken bones that I get don't really have any chicken on them, not enough to eat at least but enough for a very tasty chicken soup. I would make more soup, strain the broth and freeze.

You can also make a very flavorful fleishig vegetable soup tonight for supper.

corolla

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 10:02 pm
Update: I put them in my instant pot with the regular chicken, veggies, and water, and cooked until soft. Then I took the meat off the bones and made chicken pot pie together with the veggies. It was delicious!

TBD what to do with the stock left over. It's really cloudy. Maybe I'll freeze it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey