Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Hyper fixation and asd

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 7:11 pm
My teen son gets hyper fixated on various interests. Whether a toy, activity the focus starts to revolve totally all about his interest. My problem is he doesn’t get the concept of a budget and how I can’t spend on his fixations now. Does anyone have experience

imasinger

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 8:39 pm
Absolutely!

If he has a diagnosis, look for therapeutic help to teach him about money management. His special interests give a golden opportunity to motivate him to learn this important life skill.

How have you been handling the issue up toll now?

TwinsMommy

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 8:44 pm
My 17 year old son is similar. He's old enough to earn money for things. He has a summer job. Through the school year I give him opportunities to earn from me. He plans weeks in advance for Channukah and birthday gifts making and re-making his lists. Smile He also finds EVERY free way in existence to be into his current obsession du jour. (you can help him discover free ways, if he's younger).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)