Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
I need quick decorating advice on granite choice for counter

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 10:05 am
Im leaving an old kitchen pretty much as is, but I need to change counters.

Who is good for this, and would be available very soon to advise on options, and help me find the right granite?

If they do furniture as well, I may use them for advice on furniture too, but counters have to be taken care of quickly, so I need someone available.

tia

Chayalle

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 10:10 am
I did this by myself (with input from my DD's LOL). I went down to the granite yard, brought home little samples of granite in colors that made sense for my cabinets and floor, and chose. I decided where I wanted extra sinks, hired a plumber to do the plumbing, and the granite place had an installation crew who removed my old counters and put in the new ones and sinks. Plumber connected. Done.

ETA I also hired a guy to put in a tile backsplash (I used Jerry Asti for this). I chose my own tiles (in Lowes).

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 10:20 am
Chayalle wrote:
I did this by myself (with input from my DD's LOL). I went down to the granite yard, brought home little samples of granite in colors that made sense for my cabinets and floor, and chose. I decided where I wanted extra sinks, hired a plumber to do the plumbing, and the granite place had an installation crew who removed my old counters and put in the new ones and sinks. Plumber connected. Done.

ETA I also hired a guy to put in a tile backsplash (I used Jerry Asti for this). I chose my own tiles (in Lowes).

Thanks. My case isnt that simple. I recently bought a 20 year old house with a kitchen thats in decent shape, but cabinets arent white, and existing floor that Id like to keep, isnt easy to match to the counters being used now. Id like professional (reasonable) help. But since I want to make kitchen kosher asap, I need someone available asap. If my cabinets were white, Id decide 1 2 3.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 9:25 am
amother OP wrote:
Thanks. My case isnt that simple. I recently bought a 20 year old house with a kitchen thats in decent shape, but cabinets arent white, and existing floor that Id like to keep, isnt easy to match to the counters being used now. Id like professional (reasonable) help. But since I want to make kitchen kosher asap, I need someone available asap. If my cabinets were white, Id decide 1 2 3.

Similar, and kitchen cabinets are brown. And existing floor....and we matched it and did fine. But OK, hope you find someone. Hatzlacha!

esther7

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 12:21 pm
Just in case this is helpful...
You can use a kitchen even if the counters aren't kosher. It a little annoying that you need to put a towel /trivet under anything hot on the counter. But might take away the urgency of needing someone asap and making a rushed decision

Chayalle

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 1:48 pm
esther7 wrote:
Just in case this is helpful...
You can use a kitchen even if the counters aren't kosher. It a little annoying that you need to put a towel /trivet under anything hot on the counter. But might take away the urgency of needing someone asap and making a rushed decision

This is true, we didn't do ours right away. Our Rav told us to wipe down with Amonia, and not use anything boiling hot if it falls on the counter, and we put down hot plates under things out of the oven/stove. It wasn't such a big deal. I'm actually glad we waited because living in that kitchen gave me more of an idea about what I wanted to do, and how....

mommish613

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 2:16 pm
No advice on who to call but if you will one day paint your cabinets, think of something that could work for the current and future
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries