Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Help toddler feel comfortable with BM in potty

creativecookie

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 3:54 pm
My son who's 2.5 will happily sit on the potty to urinate but refuses to try to make a BM. I don't want to force him because I don't want him to start withholding which happened with some older kids. He's obviously not potty trained. We tried to do train over a long weekend but it didn't really work so I just put him back in diapers because of the fear about withholding. Our pediatrician suggested training him before he's 3. When he was younger and we'd casually have him sit on the potty, he did poop 1-2x. Any ideas how to make him feel comfortable pooping on the potty?

amother
Clear

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 4:08 pm
Many kids find #2 overwhelming when first starting out because when they use diaper they tend to squat which is more natural. My daughter was terrified each time and iy took 3 weeks for her to get comfortable. Even then, she was afraid of the sensation when the excrement is larger or harder. We started in August. She started school a month later and was fine. She turned 3 in November. When she saw the other children weren't scared and there was no pressure-very low key morah- she was great. Its January and she is a pro.

tichellady

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 4:11 pm
This is really common. Just have him wear underwear and tell you when he needs a diaper for a bm. Eventually he will be ready to use the potty
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training