Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Morahs and self care
Previous  1  2

dankbar

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 8:04 am
Why is there no partner that takes care then, so you can have your break. This isn't normal. Schedule the breaks between you and your partner in alternate times, so you can both have a break. If you don't have a partner, assistant then that is a big problem.

Even get a floater or someone else on staff, to watch them for a little bit, so you can step out of the classroom

teachkids

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 8:18 am
dankbar wrote:
Why is there no partner that takes care then, so you can have your break. This isn't normal. Schedule the breaks between you and your partner in alternate times, so you can both have a break. If you don't have a partner, assistant then that is a big problem.

Even get a floater or someone else on staff, to watch them for a little bit, so you can step out of the classroom

I'm assuming OP runs an in home playgroup alone...

dankbar

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 8:35 am
Even though, she should have assistant, you can't do everything yourself when there are a couple of babies. What if more than one cries at once

amother
NeonPurple

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 8:36 am
amother Stone wrote:
Leave a bunch of babies alone in the room? Doesn't sound too safe.

Sleeping in cribs?
Do you not leave your baby sleeping in a crib ever?

amother
PlumPink

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 9:24 am
I’m not a Morah but I m a mom of twins . Get yourself a nice rocker and glider chair and put your feet up . Keep the chair within visible range of the children. Play some nice lullaby music with nature sounds and just doze and close your eyes. Even a 5 minute shut eye helps!
I like to relax with visualization. Imagine yourself in a beautiful place ( ocean shore)
What do you see? Boats in the water
What do you hear? Seagulls
What do you feel? Sand on your toes
How do you feel? Relaxed…

Work on getting some extra help even if it’s for 1-2 times a week for an hour here or there. Maybe there is a teen our a neighborhood bubby who would like to earn some money and spend time with the babies?

Op, your work is truly valued ! Taking care of little neshamas is the most important job there is you need to recharge so u can be at your best!

amother
Diamond

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 9:25 am
dankbar wrote:
Even though, she should have assistant, you can't do everything yourself when there are a couple of babies. What if more than one cries at once

I agree and only send to places with an assistant, But most parents would rather cheaper prices than actually making sure their kid gets great care. Now we're cycling back to the disfunctional daycare situation.

amother
PlumPink

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 9:31 am
amother Diamond wrote:
I agree and only send to places with an assistant, But most parents would rather cheaper prices than actually making sure their kid gets great care. Now we're cycling back to the disfunctional daycare situation.

While I agree having an assistant is important and necessary ,Op strikes me as a caring and dedicated caregiver. That’s why she feels tired.
I’ve been to daycare’s with assistants and kids were still being neglected!
Parents need to drop in unannounced from time to time to see if there child is being treated well.

amother
Stone

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 9:33 am
amother NeonPurple wrote:
Sleeping in cribs?
Do you not leave your baby sleeping in a crib ever?

Leaving one baby is very different than leaving multiple babies

amother
NeonPurple

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 9:48 am
amother Stone wrote:
Leaving one baby is very different than leaving multiple babies

Why?

dankbar

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 9:57 am
amother Diamond wrote:

I never said that.

amother
PlumPink

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 10:11 am
More ideas that helped me..

Bundling your heavy chores in the early morning or when you have the most energy. I used to cook dinner 6:00am . Just knowing that I didn’t have to cook and clean up in the afternoon really helped me relax .

Eating vegetables helps with stress prevention.
Chamomile tea
Hand massage and neck massage with your favorite lotion ( performed by you!)

Watching funny you tube clips of old tv shows

Tai chi

Knitting or crocheting ( which I find so much easier) proven to slow down the heart rate and lower blood pressure.

Reading a comic book. I love peanuts and Garfield!

Find easy activities/ hobbies you enjoy and do n’t need to commit so much time to in order to feel rewarding. This is how I kept my self centered .
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics