Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
My life is awesomely dysfunctional, AMA!
Previous  1  2

Food

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 2:18 pm
Queen Of Hearts wrote:
You sound like an awesome person!
Based on your avatar are you Breslov?

I'm Breslov at heart. If I ever became Chassidish it would be Breslov, because I believe in serving Hashem through simchas hachayim.

Food

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 2:19 pm
ap wrote:
Why isn't this anonymous enabled?
As a child were you ok?

I would rate my childhood 88/100. Now I would rate myself about 65

Surrendered

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 2:20 pm
Food wrote:
Thanks, this is very encouraging! I often wonder if many of the people I see on a daily basis who seem to have it all pulled together are secretly struggling, and then I shove that thought away because I don't really want to know whether or not it's true - comparing myself to others is so unhealthy. But it's a hard habit to kick embarrassed

Ha, we too struggle in many areas, yet I don't have the guts to come out saying it, we hide it as much as possible from family and acquaintances.
My brother just mentioned to me- your life is ideal! You have it all!!!

Last edited by Surrendered on Sun, Dec 31 2023, 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

ap

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 2:22 pm
Food wrote:
I would rate my childhood 88/100. Now I would rate myself about 65
would you say one could have a perfectly healthy childhood and lose their stability later?

Food

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 2:29 pm
ap wrote:
would you say one could have a perfectly healthy childhood and lose their stability later?

Absolutely. Life circumstances can cause a person to completely lose their footing. In fact I believe that there is no such thing as "stability" because anything can change - just because your life was always a certain way doesn't mean it will be the same way next year. That's why it is important to thank Hashem and appreciate everything that goes right, not to take your blessings for granted, and to always daven for the shefa to continue flowing.

bp1234

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 2:33 pm
I think on the outside we look like a perfect family. Come inside my house and you’ll see otherwise. All it takes is one child to create dysfunction at its finest Smile

mammala120

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 4:14 pm
Do you believe that if someone’s life is dysfunctional then they should hold off on having another baby or will the new bundle of joy add more happiness and stability to the environment?

Living Princess

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 5:14 pm
Food, is any of the dysfunction related to food? (I'm being serious)

Tzutzie

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 6:08 pm
Food wrote:
Absolutely. Life circumstances can cause a person to completely lose their footing. In fact I believe that there is no such thing as "stability" because anything can change - just because your life was always a certain way doesn't mean it will be the same way next year. That's why it is important to thank Hashem and appreciate everything that goes right, not to take your blessings for granted, and to always daven for the shefa to continue flowing.

Btw. I totally agree with this. We are all one division away from disaster. And nothing is for sure. The only thing that is for sure is Hashem. Knowing that. And clinging to him will give you the only real stability and reassurance there is.

What does your bedtime look like?

Food

Post Mon, Jan 01 2024, 8:14 am
mammala120 wrote:
Do you believe that if someone’s life is dysfunctional then they should hold off on having another baby or will the new bundle of joy add more happiness and stability to the environment?

It depends on the type and level of dysfunction. There are many factors that need to be taken into account when expanding a family, and it's impossible to make a blanket statement without knowing all the nitty gritty details that can make it or break it.

Food

Post Mon, Jan 01 2024, 8:20 am
Living Princess wrote:
Food, is any of the dysfunction related to food? (I'm being serious)

Good question. I am definitely a foodie, but as a teenager I was very highly complexed about my weight/body image, to the point where people were concerned that I was anorexic (I wasn't). After my first pregnancy I mostly got over the complex and learned to accept the shape of my body as the "outfit" for my neshama rather than as my identity. I don't have the healthiest habits, but that's always something that can be worked on when I have the energy/time to care.

Food

Post Mon, Jan 01 2024, 8:26 am
Tzutzie wrote:
Btw. I totally agree with this. We are all one division away from disaster. And nothing is for sure. The only thing that is for sure is Hashem. Knowing that. And clinging to him will give you the only real stability and reassurance there is.

What does your bedtime look like?

Hmmm... this question might give away too much identifying info about me! I'll try to be vague...
I work afternoons and evenings, so I consider it a miracle if I make it into bed before midnight at the earliest... It's hard because the more tired I get, the less self-discipline I have to actually take that shower and get into bed, and it's a vicious cycle. I know that if I got enough sleep in my life I would be much more productive, energetic and patient in general, but to bridge the gap between that knowledge and actually carrying it out, is an avodah.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics