Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Soup
FODMAP-diet-friendly soup?

STMommy

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 10:38 pm
Does anyone have a soup recipe that does not call for onion, garlic, mushrooms, lentils, beans or barley
OR
those are not the main or necessary ingredients?
(for example I make a butternut squash soup from a recipe that had garlic but there were so many other good things that I can eat in it that eliminating the garlic meant the soup would still turn out fine).

HonesttoGod

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 10:51 pm
I made butternut squash
Vegetable
Chicken

Soups.

Just eliminate the onion. I found that most soup recipes are fine if you eliminate the onion.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 10:55 pm
STMommy wrote:
Does anyone have a soup recipe that does not call for onion, garlic, mushrooms, lentils, beans or barley
OR
those are not the main or necessary ingredients?
(for example I make a butternut squash soup from a recipe that had garlic but there were so many other good things that I can eat in it that eliminating the garlic meant the soup would still turn out fine).

In a soup pot, sauté lots of diced carrot and diced turnip until softened, and you get a nice orange color.
Add 1.5 tbsp cornstarch dissolved in 1.5 tbsp water to the sautéed veggies and mix well (instead of a roux- to thicken the soup that is forming).
Add sliced scallions (green parts only), diced zucchini, potato, and/or whichever other veggies you're allowed or allowed in small quantities (can be celery, butternut squash, peas, corn, etc) and water to almost cover the veggies. Drop in 2 bay leaves.
Bring to a boil. Once boiling, add salt to taste.
Simmer until veggies are softened and soup is flavorful.
You can mix in fresh spinach last few minutes or garnish with parsley if desired. Totally optional.

You can use some tomato paste instead of the cornstarch slurry if you prefer.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics