Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
Feel so bad I haven’t been up for anything.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 3:46 pm
I really wanted to give my family a beautiful Chanukah. But I got my period on Sunday and unfortunately for me that means 2-3 days of being out of service.

I was in bed today and yesterday with exhaustion, painful cramps, nausea, vomiting, and now a migraine. I have fibroids so that has something to do with the intensity, but this is normal for me Sad

Anyway, I don’t mean to complain. I’m just sad that I wasn’t able to do the fun activities with my family I was planning.

BH my husband has been amazing and took care of so much.

But I still haven’t made any latkes or donuts etc and there are only a few days left. Hopefully I’ll be better tomorrow.

I guess I am trying to accept my situation but it’s hard because I feel like I’m so not normal… even though logically I know that people have all sorts of issues that prevent them from being the perfect wife or mother they want to be.

Any words of support or validation you have for me will be most welcome. Thank you.

amother
Snowdrop

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 3:49 pm
Can you buy latkes or donuts?

Present it as fun and voila!

Refuah sheleimah and happy chanuka!

amother
Daphne

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 4:13 pm
Same! I’m sick in bed with covid. Bh I was “on” for Thursday night but not anyone.. maybe we’ll buy something

amother
Blushpink

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 4:22 pm
Also had suspected covid! Managed to make latkas yesterday but paid for it today. I can't get rid of the fever. Hoping to do donuts Thursday night after taking it easy tomorrow...

doodlesmom

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 4:29 pm
That mean Thursday- shabbos, and tomorrow to Friday you can be in amazing chanuka spirit! Don’t despair! Make the other days count!

amother
Hyacinth

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 4:42 pm
Buy plain donuts with frostings and sprinkles etc. It’s my kids favorite Chanukah activity and totally hands off for me! I don’t know if you’re in Lakewood area, but bagel Nosh has.

amother
Topaz

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 5:00 pm
can hubby pickup milky ice cream and cones and set up an ice cream bar tomor eve...maybe with a movie or concert you can all watch together on couch.....then maybe by Thurs you can make latkes or whatever .
I'm sorry you're feeling so rough

amother
Springgreen

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 6:40 pm
I totally understand you! I have severe IBS and when it acts up I’m completely out of commission. This week I missed dh family Chanukah party and I never am the latke and donut making the of mom.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 7:33 pm
Thanks for all the responses. I’m sorry to hear of those of you who are sick and wish you a refuah shelema. However, it does help to know I’m not alone.

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 9:31 pm
I was totally out of commission with fibroids. I’m sorry. Not easy at all! So painful and so much blood!! I’m assuming you’ve looked into whether it’s worth taking out? In my case it was both for quality of life and in case it helped fertility, but while the recovery wasn’t fun, it really really is completely different to get a period now. Just mentioning in case you’d want to hear from having done the procedure.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 9:39 pm
amother Whitesmoke wrote:
I was totally out of commission with fibroids. I’m sorry. Not easy at all! So painful and so much blood!! I’m assuming you’ve looked into whether it’s worth taking out? In my case it was both for quality of life and in case it helped fertility, but while the recovery wasn’t fun, it really really is completely different to get a period now. Just mentioning in case you’d want to hear from having done the procedure.

What was your procedure called? I’m glad it helped you.

Mine are uterine fibroids and all the procedures I was told about reduce fertility, so I’m unwilling to do them at this point.

amother
Melon

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 9:40 pm
2 of my kids are sick.....I haven't felt the Chanukah feeling yet....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics