Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
The timing was miraculous- Rabbi Kessin

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 15 2023, 10:18 am
I don't know if there are listeners of Rabbi Mendel Kessin here. He has been giving shiurim for a long time, and has many lectures uploaded on Torahanytime.

I want to share an insight he gave over in a recent shiur, but first, some context.

Rabbi Kessin talks a lot about current events as seen through the prism of what he calls the "Messianic Process", or the "Divine Agenda". Everything he says is based on Chazal and Torah, but obviously this is his interpretation.
I personally find his shiurim fascinating.
.(He has probably hundreds of shiurim developing this topic, and this is only a tiny slice.)

In short, he explained that the timing of the recent attacks was actually miraculous. We believe that everything that happens in this world is for our good, but more than that, it is to bring forth the divine plan which is the ultimate tikkun and bias haMoshiach.

The timing, being right after Hoshana Rabba, when our fates are sealed is uncanny. It seems like Hashem is wasting no time to actualize the plan.

But what is astounding is that if you look at this logically, it makes zero sense for the Yishmaelim to have attacked us when they did. Their actions go completely against their own stated goals.

They say they want the entire land of Israel and they want all the Jews dead. But they must have known that by attacking us on Oct 7, Israel would be mobilized to destroy them. And Israel could do it, because they are 1,000 times stronger than Hamas. So it went completely against their own interests to attack when they did.

According to reports, Iran is only 4 weeks away from a nuclear bomb. Once Iran c"v have a nuclear weapon, they are in a much stronger position. With one bomb, they can c"v wipe out the entire Eretz Yisroel. It would have made a lot more sense for Hamas (who are the puppets of Iran) to wait 4 more weeks and then do what they did. Then Israel, and the world, would have faced a much more formidable enemy- a nuclear empowered Iran.

Instead Hashem put into their minds to jump the gun and now Israel is rightfully retaliating. Had they waited only 4 more weeks, this would have been a completely different story.

Rabbi Kessin thinks that this is because in the final stage of the Messianic plan, evil has to be eradicated. Hamas, and probabbly also Hezbola will be destroyed. This is also a "birur" event, where every country (and I'm adding that every individual) has to take a side. You can side with good or evil. Because in the end of days, evil must be wiped out in order to pace the way for Moshiach. (He also said that in the end, Yishmael does teshuva, but that is part of a different discussion which he addressed in his earlier shiurim. )

The fact that Hamas attacked in such an inhuman and brutal way, makes it so clear to the world how evil they are. And yet, many countries like Russia and China are siding with them. This is a clear way for Hashem to be "mevarer" who supports good and who supports evil.

He said a lot more interesting things. But the point about the miraculous timing was very enlightening for me and gave me some peace of mind.

https://www.torahanytime.com/#.....59381

amother
Eggshell

Post Wed, Nov 15 2023, 10:20 am
Can you link this one? I'd love to hear it.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 15 2023, 10:41 am
amother Eggshell wrote:
Can you link this one? I'd love to hear it.

I did, in the OP.
It's part one of the middle eastern conflict. I haven't heard part 2 yet.
Have you heard any of his other shiurim? You can listen to one as a standalone, but his shiurim work like a puzzle. All the parts fit together.

amother
Snapdragon

Post Wed, Nov 15 2023, 10:47 am
Thank you for sharing.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational