Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Grand meltdown at night
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 10:01 am
mushkamothers wrote:
Unless you're formula feeding I wouldn't introduce formula if he's refusing nursing and you think he has gas. Have you tried to massage his stomach and bicycle his legs to get gas out. You can also try windi by Frida baby

I haven’t, just patting his back as he sleeps in his tummy. Thanks for the advice. Will try this tonight.

amother
Oldlace

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 10:09 am
A baby who is calm and then starts screaming when you put him down in bed, refusing to latch, are not signs of a poor milk supply or hungry baby. My guesses for most likely causes are: not tired yet, overtired, or gassy.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 10:29 am
amother Oldlace wrote:
A baby who is calm and then starts screaming when you put him down in bed, refusing to latch, are not signs of a poor milk supply or hungry baby. My guesses for most likely causes are: not tired yet, overtired, or gassy.

Yes, as his mom I intuitively agree with this. I’m just super confused which one it is. I’ve tried various awake limits before his bedtime to rule out the over/under tiredness.. oh if somebody can invent a baby-tiredness level tester!

amother
Papayawhip

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 2:42 pm
I would rule out an ear infection. They are always worse at night and baby refusing to eat sounds like an ear infection to me
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics