Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Cheap stores for blueberries?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 8:46 am
I'm in flatbush and since blueberries aren't in season they are so expensive. Where can I buy cheap??

Amarante

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 9:36 am
You can't because they don't exist.

Blueberries - or any out of season fruit - are generally very expensive. Also the quality tends to be not very good.

Why do you need blueberries specifically. For some purposes frozen blueberries can work and are inexpensive.

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 9:40 am
Target and Walmart sometimes have for reasonable prices

peace2

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 9:41 am
I generally find Aldi produce to be nice (at the beginning of the week) and well priced

Bnei Berak 10

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 9:48 am
Amarante wrote:
You can't because they don't exist.

Blueberries - or any out of season fruit - are generally very expensive. Also the quality tends to be not very good.

Why do you need blueberries specifically. For some purposes frozen blueberries can work and are inexpensive.

OP, I agree with Amarante.
Change your menu to something *in season* instead of hunting out of season items.

amother
DarkPurple

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 10:18 am
Associated on ave J has them slightly cheaper.

amother
Dimgray

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 5:41 pm
amother OP wrote:
I'm in flatbush and since blueberries aren't in season they are so expensive. Where can I buy cheap??

Do you have an Aldi by you? I just bought for 4 dollars and change

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 5:44 pm
There's an Aldi in flatbush but not close by. I ended up buying in shoprite but they were very expensive. I like having them for breakfast. Frozen blueberries aren't the same

amother
Viola

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 5:59 pm
Don’t forget to follow the recommendation of the kashrus agency you follow regarding blueberries. They are often full of maggots inside and spider mites on the outside and just about all kashrus agencies hold they are a problem to eat straight out of the container.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 7:23 pm
amother Viola wrote:
Don’t forget to follow the recommendation of the kashrus agency you follow regarding blueberries. They are often full of maggots inside and spider mites on the outside and just about all kashrus agencies hold they are a problem to eat straight out of the container.

I wash them with soap

amother
Nasturtium

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 7:29 pm
amother Viola wrote:

I've never ever heard of this with blueberries. In fact they are the only berry I buy, because the others are too hard to check/basically impossible.
I check under the crown and cut open 10 percent of the blueberries. If 10 percent are fine then where I live you can consider the whole box fine. I've never found anything in a blueberry.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics