Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media
Blocked Prog and need encouragement to stay away
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

a2z

Post Sat, Oct 28 2023, 10:45 pm
amother Whitesmoke wrote:
Agree, this is not a true talmid chacham. This is a smart individual who knows a lot of Torah yet is trying to strike up a relationship with an אשת איש which is playing with fire. Please have rachmanus on other married women on the site who he will turn his attention to next( if he isn’t already doing so) and report him

Ditto

LovesHashem

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 12:01 am
amother OP wrote:
Prog doesn't allow you to delete your account, but I'm logged out of it and have blocked Prog.
I've also blocked his email address.
I did forget about him until he emailed me again.

Contact an admin to delete your account or change your password. Without the email you won't be able to get in again

#BestBubby

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 12:13 am
Hashem is proud of you.

This is a major accomplishment, OP!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 3:34 am
LovesHashem wrote:
Contact an admin to delete your account or change your password. Without the email you won't be able to get in again

Thanks. They don't delete accounts in general unless there's a strong reason to do so.
I did email an admin this morning about the guy though. I didn't give his ID yet, just asked if I can discuss with him without identifying him, and after I tell him the story he'll tell me if I should give him his ID. He hasn't answered me yet.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 10:03 am
I just want to say that now that some time has passed, I'm feeling pretty sick about the whole thing. It's bad enough that he emailed me all those times about my posts on Prog, but maybe somehow that could be excused. But emailing me three separate times since I stopped posting is pretty transparent and quite frankly is making me nauseous. I really hope the administrator emails me back soon because I feel like I have to make him aware. This poster is extremely well respected on Prog so he will probably have a hard time believing it, but I can forward him the emails so he'll have proof. After I finish communicating with him, that email account is going poof never to return.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 10:11 am
Also, there's often a reason people have a fake email address. It's true that I used a fake name, but it was because I needed a non-Jewish name for work once--and it was a name. His just shows up as "a" and the address is a series of numbers and letters with no rhyme or reason to them. I usually see that with people who are up to no good.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 12:13 am
The admin got back to me last night and said it's not uncommon for such a situation to happen since when two posters begin to communicate by email instead of on the forum, there's nobody moderating it so it can go anywhere. He said that's why Prog is so strict about not allowing people to post their email addresses.

He also said that if I didn't feel like he was harrassing me, there's no reason for me to give him his username because nothing has to be done.

He suggested I open a new account under a new name and this way the guy won't know it's me.

He also warned me about internet safety and said to never post my email address again on Prog and certainly never to email with an anonymous man.

I guess that's the end of that. I'm done with Prog and my email account is about to blow up (once I figure out how to copy the email address from there).

amother
Papayawhip

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 1:02 am
OP , I actually agree with that response.

It's all on you now to stop this . Hatzlacha! I'm sure it's not easy but you can do it!
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media